Warehouse Associate - 1st Shift, 2/2/3 Schedule
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated Warehouse Associate who will work 1st shift on a rotating 2/2/3 schedule. The starting wage is $16.00.
- Operates material handling equipment to load and unload trucks, stores and removes items in warehouse storage racks and completes required documentation.
- Supports and supplies operations with necessary materials and supplies.
- Maintains clean work environment and ensures proper care of equipment.
- Continuously looks for and helps to implement improvements to the process, productivity, quality and reduce costs. Performs other related duties specific to the department as assigned.
- Performs other duties that may include one or more of the following:
Receiving duties -
Responsible for inspecting, verifying, properly identifying and receiving of inbound materials to ensure accurate inventory. Makes arrangement for delivery to appropriate personnel (if applicable). Notifies Quality Assurance of inbound materials to allow for QA sampling. Signs off on the Bill of Lading at the completion of each unloading. Maintains appropriate documentation associated with job duties. Capable of accessing required information from SAP and documenting same. This includes automated data collection using SAP.
Shipping duties -
Maintains appropriate documentation associated with shipments to ensure that orders are properly shipped from the facility. Packs and labels individual shipments and prepares approved MSO’s. May be required to make arrangements for shipment pick-ups. Finalizes and distributes required shipping documentation.
Staging Crew duties -
Responsible for the entire staging process, to include physical set-up of materials and ensuring accuracy and completion of staging documentation. May be required to lead and direct others as assigned to assist in the staging process.
Off-site Warehouse duties -
Responsible for the entire staging process of loads, the unloading and loading of product, and accurate documentation of the same. Receives and verifies raw material and components received. Maintains clean work warehouse environment.
- Completion of a high school diploma, General Education Development (GED) or equivalency.
- Computer literacy with preferred experience using ERP systems such as SAP, and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience using RF scanners and bar code technology.
- Ability to follow standard work and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Inventory control experience such as cycle counting, electronic warehouse management systems, shipping and receiving.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and some computer proficiency required.
- Current Perrigo PIE license or the ability to qualify for one within 7 days of filling the position.
- Experience within a regulated manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Strong mathematical skills; knowledge of weights and measures; basic mechanical ability and reading/comprehension skills.
- Continuous improvement methodology experience preferred
- Must meet all locally defined training requirements.
Essential Functions of Job
Consistently/Frequently – Stand, walk, lift 50 lbs., climb ladders, climb stairs, stoop/bend, reach, grasp on stand-up forklift, move items/boxes, feel with hands/fingers.
Occasionally - Sit on sit down forklift
Occasionally - Exposure to loud noises/machinery
Consistently/Frequently - See (vision), hear, ability to read and write, ability to interpret information, basic math, reading and writing in English
Occasionally – simple problem solving: incorrect inventory or placement in bins and simple decision making: quality of materials, dirty, damaged - acceptable for production
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Due to the highly regulated pharmaceutical industry and legal requirements, you may be subject to post employment background checks.