About the role
We are looking for a Compounder / Mixer to work on a weekly rotating shift basis (7:00am-3:30pm & 3:00pm-11:00pm, Monday to Friday), on a 12 month fixed term contract. Reporting to the Manufacturing Supervisor this position is responsible for: ensuring product compliance to established current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs), customer requirements, and in conjunction with all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); performing functions relating to the compounding and mixing of batches, cleaning and sanitation of process equipment, utensils and mixing rooms in accordance with cGMP compliance, quality, safety, and schedule attainment. Complete tasks, some of which may vary in scope, sequence, complexity and timing. Apply skills and knowledge to recognise process issues and to increase efficiency, throughput and quality. Responsible for the safe and efficient execution of job duties.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Transfer raw materials from staging areas to compounding areas.
- Weighing out specified types and quantities of liquid or solid raw ingredients via semi-automated dispensing systems or manual scales, according to formula.
- Dispensing, handling and sampling of hazardous raw materials.
- Perform compounding and mixing of bulk product batches.
- Take bulk samples for laboratory analysis.
- Transfer bulk product from compounding to storage areas or filling lines.
- Perform cleaning/sanitation or CIP of tanks, mixers, pumps, utensils and mixing rooms and dispensary.
- Complete required batch documentation records, forms and logbooks.
- Operation of boiler, process water and compressed air systems.
- Disposal of compounding waste and other bulk scrap.
Materials Handling & Physical Requirements
- Ability to use lifting equipment including pallet trucks (manual and electric).
- Must be able to lift up to 20-25kgs.
- Tilt and swivel drums of raw material up to 200-220kgs.
- Wear a respirator and pass associated respirator tests and/or requirements, and be able to wear all required PPE, including over garments, safety glasses, hearing protection and safety boots.
- Ability to conduct a range of movements freely (i.e. standing, stopping, sitting, crouching, climbing ladders/steps).
- Able to use automated manufacturing systems and HMI control panels
- Perform computer processing activities (SAP)
- Ability to generate Shift Reports using MS Office (Word)
To be successful in this role you will require:
- Completion of TEE Level schooling, relevant TAFE Certificate preferred
- Experience in a product manufacturing GMP environment, ideally in pharmaceutical / food / chemical industries
- Attention to detail and ability to make sound quality decisions
- Ability to communicate well and work as part of a team
- Problem solving ability
- Planning and organising workflow
- Full Permanent Australian Working rights
If you are interested in the above opportunity please submit a covering letter and resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role as outlined in the information provided no later than Friday 29 January 2021.
Due to the high volume of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.