Launch Engineer - Oral Care
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
The Launch Engineer acts as a key resource for process development of new products and the overall commercialization process. This role will provide technical support throughout the product development process and be the technical lead in the selection, development, installation and start up of equipment for products which will be new to the market. The Launch Engineer will manage projects related to capital spend and acquisitions, new product introduction, product improvement, process improvement, and machine design and improvement.
The selected candidate will demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills with stakeholders across the organization to develop and execute process improvement initiatives, that result in increased business value to organization and customers. The ideal candidate will leverage technical knowledge of tools and manufacturing practices, project management skills, and a strong focus on continuous improvement.Responsibilities:
- Act as technical lead in process development, process improvement, and continuous improvement initiatives in support of new product development.
- Work with equipment suppliers to help design and validate new equipment to meet the needs of our new product specifications and customer requirements.
- Design robust processes that minimize variation using statistical methods and process controls.
- Create project timelines and effectively communicate the status of projects to varying levels of the organization.
- Function as a project team member in matters relating to product design/design for manufacturing (R&D), manufacturing equipment needs (Ops), make vs buy analysis (FIN) and Manufacturing Systems Engineering OPs/QA).
- Manage capital acquisition projects from ideation through to execution to budget and timeline. Specific responsibilities include development of the concept, drafting of the Capital Acquisition Request (CAR), development of project timelines, completion/delegation various phases of the project, and management of responsible parties to ensure delivery of project phases to budgetary goals and overall timeline.
- Lead the installation and start up of equipment purchased as part of new product commercialization. Responsibilities may include arranging installation activities, developing & executing equipment validation documents, PFMEA development, work instruction development, lead/arrange support staff/operator training to support transitioning the equipment into production.
- Provide hands on support with automation and assembly equipment, applying ability and knowledge of applicable tooling and manufacturing practices to effectively transition equipment ownership to the operations technical team.
- Work effectively in collaboration with frontline organization to generate and execute improvements to equipment and processes.
- Collaborate with business unit value stream manager, maintenance technicians, team leaders and cross-functional teams to achieve effective new product launches, ensuring that commercialization of new products achieve quality, service, and project cost goals.
- Partner with R&D Engineering to create manufacturing specifications for new products and Operations Engineering to create specifications documents for product manufacturing.
- Partner with Operation Engineering in equipment selection, installation, validation and startup of equipment for non-NPD products.
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects.
- Develop and ensure compliance of corporate policies and procedures.
- Ability to develop creative technical solutions to complex manufacturing problems, applying extensive technical expertise and full knowledge of manufacturing or process disciplines.
- Strong working knowledge and exposure to automated assembly, packaging equipment and related tooling, with experience leading major projects.
- Knowledge of the IQ, OQ, PQ process of validating new equipment and processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) in English with senior leadership and frontline organization.
- Expert-level proficiency with PC skills such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and with the ability to quickly learn various in-house software and ERP applications as needed.
- Proven ability to write capital justifications and manage capital projects.
- Experience generating Bills of Operations, process specifications, manufacturing procedures, etc. in an MRP (SAP experience ideal) or similarly controlled manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of AutoCad and Solidworks, ability to read detailed prints, sketches, layouts, specifications, etc.
- Demonstrated experience leading capital projects, and implementing lean manufacturing elements.
- Proven ability to manage multiple high priority items while delivering exceptional results.
- Proven ability to manage and motivate associates to accomplish objectives; knowledge of people management skills to influence others and resolve conflict.
- These skills are typically acquired through the completion of a Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or a related Process Engineering Field; combined with a minimum of 3+ years of relevant work experience in Manufacturing Engineering, Launch Engineering, Automation Engineering or similar role.
- 2+ years experience within medical device/pharmaceutical or regulated manufacturing environment preferred.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.