Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Perrigo is looking to hire a Sanitizer for third shift. The hours are Sunday-Thursday, 11pm-7am.
The Sanitizer performs the proper sanitizing and cleaning of processing and production equipment to maintain a sanitary work environment. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for environmental cleaning and sanitation of the process equipment and Manufacturing area on a daily basis.
- Completes daily, weekly and monthly cleaning checklists.
- Respond to out of trend cleaning data for route cause – investigation.
- Prepare and document all cleaning solutions and prep cleaning equipment for use by manually lifting and moving equipment and/or chemicals.
- Verifies the concentrations and effectiveness of sanitation solutions.
- Trained on chemical handling and use.
- Has willingness and ability to be cross-trained on different pieces of machinery in production.
- Operate and navigate computer and various applications.
- On occasion assists Operators with labor duties related to CIP’s, normal dry cleans, wet washes, assembly/disassembly of equipment, silo switches, start ups & shut downs. Accurately and completely processes and handles animal feed and rework while complying with established Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions. Operate a vacuum sealing machine.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A High School diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Ability to read, write, communicate, and comprehend written instructions.
- Must be able to follow detailed written instructions.
- Bending, stooping and lifting up to 55 pounds on a regular basis is required.
- Standing and walking for 10+ hours of shift.
- Incumbent will be exposed to noise, extreme warm temperatures, chemicals, and industrial equipment and supplies.
- Candidate must be able to wear all required and necessary safety equipment and garments.
- Work from ladders, scaffolding and staging is required.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Due to the highly regulated pharmaceutical industry and legal requirements, you may be subject to post employment background checks.