Senior Director, Indirect Procurement
Senior Director, Indirect Procurement
Perrigo is the world's largest manufacturer of OTC healthcare products and supplier of infant formulas for the store brand market. The Company also is a leading provider of branded OTC products throughout Europe and the U.S. Our product portfolio in the Irish market includes, Solpadeine, XLS Medical and NiQuitin
In 2013 Perrigo completed the acquisition of Élan in what was the largest corporate acquisition in Ireland, $8.6bn. In 2014 Perrigo completed the Acquisition of Omega Pharma for $4.5bn. We are a company that is growing organically and inorganically. We have a new position for a Senior Director, Indirect Procurement to join our Dublin HQ.
The Senior Director, Indirect Procurement is responsible for direction and oversight of Perrigo’s Global Indirect purchasing function of $1B+ in indirect spend, including sales and marketing, professional services, freight and logistics, consulting, IT, et al. This position will provide strategic implementation and direction to all Global Indirect Procurement functions. This position will lead development and implementation of the global procurement strategy necessary to ensure a continuous supply of quality, cost-effective materials. This position will be responsible for the creation and implementation of key indirect procurement policies and metrics
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Manage purchasing activities for all indirect supplies and services globally with overall responsibility for developing strategic purchasing direction and initiatives. Develop and manage indirect procurement metrics.
- Oversee and direct the management of vendor relationships, contract activities, vendor qualifications, and selection to ensure Perrigo receives maximum value in price, quality, and reliability.
- Develop strategic vision for indirect procurement. Manage procurement process to effectively coordinate with all relevant departments and management teams to provide effective procurement support. Ensure compliance with corporate purchasing policies, procedures, and spending guidelines. Drive standardization of processes and procedures.
- Manage and support corporate oversight for purchases across multiple expense categories and create a strategic vision for the company, driving purchasing synergies to achieve cost savings across categories.
- Meet Corporate Inventory, SSSO, Budget, Cost Savings, and PPV goals
- Ensure alignment of departmental activities with organizational goals. Focus on staff development, career counselling, and performance reviews to ensure that the team receives up-to-date industry awareness and knowledge.
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Requirements for the role include:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a sourcing/procurement environment
- Senior level indirect procurement experience preferred
- Essential Skills, Experience, and Competencies
- Demonstrated knowledge of procurement principles and best practices
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical abilities
- Ability to influence senior management both internally and externally
- Experience negotiating commercial terms and service agreements
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and exercise good business judgment
Perrigo is not accepting unsolicited assistance from Search Firms / Recruitment Agencies for this position. All resumes submitted by Search Firms / Recruitment Agencies to any employee at Perrigo via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Perrigo. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Perrigo.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.