Rx Commercial Legal Counsel
Improve the well-being of as many patients and consumers as possible by developing, manufacturing and distributing high quality, affordable specialized prescription products.
The attorney in this role will primarily provide legal counsel and risk assessment to the commercial and business development functions of Perrigo’s prescription pharmaceutical business, with a focus on contracting. This attorney will interact frequently with upper-level management within Perrigo, outside counsel, and Perrigo employees in the U.S., Israel and Ireland. This position is fast-paced during working hours, but with a good work-life balance.
- Daily drafting, editing, and negotiation of a variety of commercial agreements, including agreements with research and development partners, distribution partners, contract manufacturing organizations, suppliers, and others. Types of agreements will include research and development collaborations, distribution agreements, license agreements, contract manufacturing agreements, raw material supply agreements, confidentiality agreements, and asset acquisition and divestiture agreements.
- Collaboration with outside counsel on drafting, editing, and negotiating the types of agreements mentioned above.
- Daily interactions with employees in the legal, procurement, business development and commercial functions of Perrigo’s prescription business. This role will also interact with Perrigo management, outside counsel, and legal counsel from company customers and business partners.
- Leadership in implementation of best practices for contracting within the prescription business, including creation of contract templates, preparation of contract guidance documents and training of employees in contracting.
Qualified Candidates Will Have:
- Juris doctor degree from accredited law school and admission to a state bar (active and in good standing)
- Member of the Michigan state bar or eligibility for admission to the Michigan state bar (general or as in-house counsel)
- Minimum 3-5 years of legal experience in corporate or law firm environment
- Extensive experience drafting, editing and negotiating commercial contracts
- Extensive experience providing legal advice to businesses regarding editing and negotiation of commercial contracts
- Strong and assertive communication and negotiating skills regarding both legal and financial/commercial issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to learn new legal topics independently and quickly
- Ability to adapt legal advice to a variety of business needs and situations and to anticipate unique legal issues that could impact the business
- Strong business judgment and skills to find creative solutions to legal issues and the ability to effectively balance legal risks against business interests
- Experience with the pharmaceutical industry preferred (particularly in quality, regulatory or business development)
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Due to the highly regulated pharmaceutical industry and legal requirements, you may be subject to post employment background checks.