Financial Project Accountant
Braunton, North Devon
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
We are looking for a Project Accountant to take on a varied role working for our successful and growing business. The right candidate will be able perform a variety of accounting activities in accordance with accounting principles and standards to control the organization's financial resources and provide business partnering to non-finance staff.
This role would business partner with the Finance Director in London to review the various cost centres and provide adhoc and regular analysis to support the managing and forecasting effectively.
This is a great opportunity to join a large multinational and have direct contact with the local executive team, thus maximising career opportunities.
- Frequently required to perform ad-hoc finance projects in conjunction with the Finance department Management Team.
- Collect, compile, verify, and analyse financial information and prepare financial reports and accounting statements so that senior management has accurate and timely information for making financial decisions.
- Provide monthly reporting on Actual vs Budget and Forecast to the executive team. Coordinating with the GL team and budget holders to efficiently respond to queries.
- Assist the forecasting processes, including the budget and quarterly flexes.
- Provide technical accounting advice within area of expertise to functional or operational managers to help them develop expense budgets, understand financial reports and manage their financial responsibilities
- Undertake various ad-hoc project work and assignments as required.
- Undertake monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations in order to verify accounting accuracy and completeness.
- Assist with statutory accounts preparation and taxation computations.
- Ensure SOX compliance and ensure internal controls are maintained at all times within the job holder's department.
- Qualified or recently qualified with ACA, ACCA or CIMA.
- 3- 5 years previous experience in producing monthly management accounts.
- PC literate with emphasis on MS Office and especially Excel and experience of computer-based accounting systems essential.
- Strong networking / communication skills and ability to project manage & work with groups of people
- Needs to have high level of business understanding in a commercial environment
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.