Instrument Technician for Process Automation ($750 sign-on bonus)
Perrigo Nutritionals, in Georgia, VT is looking to add Instrument Technician to the Process Automation Controls Group. The shift for this position is 6:00 PM - 6:00 AM, requiring shift, weekend, and holiday work (when applicable).
Perrigo Nutritionals is the largest supplier of store-brand infant formula in the world with distribution to leading retailers. The Vermont facility is the only ISO 9001 certified infant formula manufacturing facility in the United States. Perrigo Nutritionals, located in Georgia, VT is looking for an Instrument Technician to their team.
An Instrument Technician is able to diagnose and troubleshoot all plant control systems in the packaging and processing departments. Troubleshooting will often be required during plant operation. Position will occasionally design and supervise new control installations. Responsibilities include the use of test equipment to perform routine plant calibrations. Meticulous recordkeeping is essential. The technician will require a diversified skills set. Ability to follow written and oral instructions, properly complete documentation including daily time sheets, line changeover sheets, critical control point sheets, and equipment logbooks.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Calibrate electronic, pneumatic and mechanical instrumentation and maintain instrument and electrical systems components; maintain all calibration documentation.
- Install, maintain, repair and troubleshoot plant control systems and equipment.
- Defines instrumentation requirements and troubleshoots power and control systems.
- Review system drawings, P&ID’s, and equipment manuals.
- Operate interface devices for programmable controllers and computers for purposes of program changes and troubleshooting.
- Write and debug PLC programs preferred.
- Interface with vendors when necessary.
- Assist in training of others.
- Provide accurate and timely documentation of work as directed by standard operating procedures and work instructions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or an equivalent combination of training and work experience. Proficiency at SLC/PLC programming and hardware architecture along with an understanding of manufacturing plant processes will be necessary to perform the routine troubleshooting and design tasks of this job.
Proficient in the calibration and maintenance of electronic/pneumatic instrumentation, controls and PLC systems.
Three years’ experience as an electronics technician, calibrating, troubleshooting electronic/pneumatic instrumentation and controls and PLC control systems is preferred.
The ability to maintain meticulous calibration records that are accurate and legible; the ability to interpret and initiate drawings, sketches and logic diagrams.
Position Physical Requirements
Ability to walk, bend, stoop, and lift up to 55 lbs. is required. Required to use hands and fingers to handle; feel or operate objects.
Perrigo has a comprehensive benefits package. Including:
- Health, Vision, and Dental at reduced rates
- Quarterly and Annual Bonus
- Profit Sharing
- 401 (K) with Employer Matching
- Starting three (3) weeks of vacation
- Tuition & Gym Reimbursement
- And More!
Internal applicants can apply by end of day June 5, 2019 to be considered.
Internal applicants' direct supervisor and senior management will be notified by the talent acquisition team upon candidacy.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Due to the highly regulated pharmaceutical industry and legal requirements, you may be subject to post employment background checks.