Drug Safety Associate / Pharmacist
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
About the role
Based at our offices in either Balcatta (WA) or Belrose (NSW), we have a fantastic opportunity for a Drug Safety Associate / Pharmacist to manage the pharmacovigilance systems for Perrigo in Australia and New Zealand. This is a broad role covering all aspects of pharmacovigilance working closely with Perrigo corporate functions in Europe and the United States. The incumbent must ensure the company is represented in a professional and ethical manner at all times.
- Maintain pharmacovigilance quality systems within the company's overall quality system framework.
- Ensure all data is generated and maintained in accordance with record integrity and privacy requirements.
- Oversee contract negotiations with distribution partners and vendors.
- Conduct case processing and reporting.
- Determine the need for case follow up and perform as appropriate.
- Liaise with key local partners and corporate functions regarding safety data collection and data reconciliation.
- Local and global literature searches.
- Signal detection, validation and assessment.
- Review FAQ’s, abbreviated product information and other medical information documents.
- Subject matter expert representative for internal and external audits.
- Act as primary point of contact with TGA and Medsafe.
- Develop and maintain expertise on applicable corporate and local regulations for pharmacovigilance.
- As medical information delegate co-ordinate and administer drug information services by providing technical/medical information to doctors, pharmacists, other healthcare professionals and consumers.
Skills & Experience:
- Health Care Professional (e.g. pharmacist) or equivalent experience preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in pharmacovigilance.
- Previous experience interacting with the public. Proven ability to handle sensitive situations appropriately.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision and deal effectively with confidential information.
- The ability to create meaningful relationships with a broad range of people.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and ability to learn new software applications.
- Experience in searching for scientific information with critical and thorough appraisal of the scientific literature.
- Exceptional communication with the ability to effectively communicate medical and scientific information to audiences with varying medical/scientific understanding.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of the relevant Industry Codes of Conduct relating to review of promotional materials and activities would be an advantage.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.