Chemistry Analyst (Tues-Sat, 4 PM-12:30AM)
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Perrigo Nutritionals, located in Georgia, VT, is looking for a Chemistry Analyst* to join their team. The shift for this position is 2nd, 4:00 PM – 12:30 AM (some holidays when applicable).
* Please Note: This position is located in Georgia, VT and relocation assistance will not be offered.
The incumbent performs a variety of standard analyses on raw material, in-process, and finished product samples using chemical analysis techniques, according to compendia (i.e. USP, FCC, or AOAC) or Perrigo methodologies. Performs routine analyses of raw material and finished product samples as assigned, demonstrates proficiency in 5 – 10 separate Analytical Methods (AM’s). Analytical instrumentation used in this group is primarily NMR Fat Analyzer, Nitrogen Analyzer, NIR Spectroscopy, and HPLC (High Pressure Liquid Chromatography). Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Preparation of analytical standards. Accurately identify, weigh, and dilute stock standard materials for calibration purposes
- Weighing of samples. Accurately identify and weigh sample materials for processing through analytical methods
- General sample manipulations, to include: quantitative sample dilution, addition of analytical reagents, processing of samples through incubators, shakers, centrifuges, evaporators, etc.
- Extraction of sample solutions, to include liquid-liquid and solid-phase techniques
- Quantitative transfer of sample extracts between vessels
- Instrument configuration and routine operation
- Preparation of general laboratory reagents (buffers, mobile phases, etc.)
- General cleaning of materials after analysis
- Other duties as assigned.
Four-year college degree in chemistry or related science. Consideration may be given to those who hold 10 years of progressively responsible and relevant work experience. Flexibility, adaptability and versatility are required.
- 1-2 years’ experience in an analytical chemistry laboratory is preferred.
- Firm understanding of cGMP and Nutritional requirements preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; working knowledge of LIMS and SAP desired
- Willingness to participate in, contribute to and lead a high-performance work team
- Physical Requirements
Ability to walk, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and carry up to 10 lbs. on a regular basis and 20 lbs. on an occasional basis.
- Must be able to push or pull 55 pounds or more or equivalency following written safe practice measures.
- Required to use hands and fingers to handle; feel or operate objects.
Perrigo has a comprehensive benefits package. Including:
- Health, Vision, and Dental at reduced rates
- Quarterly and Annual Bonus
- Profit Sharing
- 401 (K) with Employer Matching
- Starting three (3) weeks of vacation
- Tuition & Gym Reimbursement
- And More!
Internal applicants can apply by end of day June 6, 2019 to be considered.
Internal applicants' direct supervisor and senior management will be notified by the talent acquisition team upon candidacy.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Due to the highly regulated pharmaceutical industry and legal requirements, you may be subject to post employment background checks.