Chemist I- Bronx, NY (2 open positions)
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
To ensure the Quality and Compliance of raw materials, finished products, and stability samples by performing laboratory analytical testing relative to the support of Perrigo operations and manufacturing needs. Responsible for preparing solutions and reagents for testing as required. Uses analytical laboratory equipment such as HPLC, UPLC, GC, UV and IR. Works independently and within team under direction of supervisor to accomplish tasks.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemisty or related discipline, with 1 year experience in a pharmaceutical quality control laboratory preferred.
- General understanding of applying cGMP requirements for all data generated by the QC laboratory.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal skills, and computer literacy, including Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Working Knowledge of fundamental laboratory techniques and analytical instruments
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow written procedures.
- Previous Empower Software experience preferred but not required
Major Duties / Responsibilities
% of Time
1. Performs qualitative and quantitative analytical testing and completes associated documentation
2. Participates in laboratory invsestigations.
3. Participates in Continuous Improvement initiatives.
4. Prepares lab for internal/external audits
Communicating with Supervisor to determine needs and expediting when appropriate, prioritizing tasks to meet these company needs (changes in scheduling due to glassware shortages, equipment malfunction, lack of reagents/supplies). Executes analytical testing for investigation of atypical or out-of-specification results. Adherence to laboratory policies and procedures and GMP requirements across the department.
Most Complex Problems
Troubleshoot analytical instruments under direction of supervisor .
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
Typical decisions (total authority)
Work with Superviser and team to establish testing priorites.
Decisions referred to others for approval:
Purchase of laboratory equipment and other major capital expenditures, reportable results in cases of data requiring laboratory investigation, decisions on procedure interpretation and deviations from procedure, overall staffing decisions, off-site development opportunities.
- Ability to work as a team to achieve desired results and may need to work OT as required.
- Monitoring necessary specification or test method revisions to ensure product testing flow.
- May be required to perform an annual review of data for annual product reviews.
- Interact with lab customers, and understand how to professionally interact, document need, and respond in a timely manner.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.