Maintenance Supervisor – Perrigo Ohio
- Supervises and directs the activities of personnel including Maintenance Mechanics as a working supervisor/foreman
- Assists with interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning, and directing work; and addressing and resolving problems.
- Lead spare parts identification & procurement efforts, BOM development for factory equipment, identify/secure critical supply and service agreements. Lead the maintenance group during assigned shift.
- Maintain the facility to meet or exceed FDA, GMP, ISO, State of Vermont, Corporate, and Federal requirements. Includes completing PM work orders as scheduled, completing work orders on a timely basis
- Assists in preparing employee performance evaluations for direct reports. Identify employee training needs and opportunities.
- Assist in facilitation, coordination, and supervision of scheduled shutdown activities. Synchronize and coordinate activity between outside contractors and departments.
- Communicate and coordinate maintenance efforts with affected department employees including Operations, Quality Assurance,
- Assists in the preparation of annual departmental and facility capital budgeting. Includes working with the maintenance manager to prioritize projects, determine anticipated expenditures, and establish timeframes and payback.
- Work with local contracting services to ensure resources are available in a timely and fiscally responsible manner to support maintenance operations. Monitor contractor activities including quality of work, compliance with regulatory agencies/organizations, effectiveness of services, quote analysis, cost effectiveness, etc.
- Serve as back up or fill-in for the Maintenance Manager when on PTO or company travel. Includes representing department at required meetings or planning sessions.
- Hands-on experience as a working supervisor/foreman in a FDA regulated facility
- Associate Degree in Engineering preferred.
- Seven to ten years’ experience in a plant maintenance function with supervisory experience required. A minimum of three years’ experience in GMP related Food/Pharmaceutical Manufacturing. Knowledge of contractual procedures, bidding documents, and purchasing is beneficial. Previous experience working in an FDA regulated industry preferred.
- Experience with repairs and maintenance of processing, process utility and building utility equipment – mechanical, plumbing, light electrical and instrumentation.
- Experience with PLC based control systems.
- Ability to read and understand process flow, process and instrumentation, piping, mechanical and structural drawings.
- Must have general knowledge and skills in computer-based applications and functions.
- Must be able to work effectively with a computerized maintenance management system. Experience in using SAP would be considered a major asset.
- Must be able to communicate effectively (both verbally and written), motivate and supervise others, handle multiple assignments, handle wide diversity of assignments, and work with minimal supervision.
- Must be results driven with a demonstrated ability of working in a high-performance manufacturing environment.
- Must have the ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple complex tasks and deadlines.
- Must be highly results oriented and able to work in a changing environment where a high degree of teamwork and collaboration are required.
- Ability to quickly focus and establish department priorities.
- Must have strong leadership skills.
- Monday – Friday with weekend work as needed
- Hours to be determined based on need
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Due to the highly regulated pharmaceutical industry and legal requirements, you may be subject to post employment background checks.