QC Chemist II - 1st Shift, 2/2/3 Schedule
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated QC Chemist who will work 1st shift on a rotating 2/2/3 schedule.
- Collect samples including raw material, finished product, process equipment and environmental.
- Test purchased materials and/or Perrigo manufactured products per cGMP requirements and participate in laboratory investigations.
- Operate laboratory equipment.
- Participate in internal and external quality audits.
- Maintain personal laboratory work area and assist with general laboratory cleaning.
- Participate in training and development.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a scientific discipline (Chemistry or Food Science preferred, Biology) required which includes academic lab experience.
- 1-2 years' experience working in a GMP/FDA regulated manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, excellent documentation and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently and with others.
- Ability to take ownership of assigned tasks and responsibility for the results.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
Essential Functions of Job
Consistently/Frequently – Sit, stand, walk, feel with hands/fingers
Occasionally – Lifting, lifting above shoulders and head of 15 lbs., pulling and pushing 50 lb. cart, climb ladders, climb stairs, stoop/bend, squat, kneeling, twisting, reach, reach above shoulders and head, grasp, move items/boxes 15-25 lbs.
Occasionally – exposure to loud noises/machinery and exposure to chemicals
Rarely – enter confined spaces
Consistently/Frequently - see (vision), ability to see colors correctly, hear, ability to read and write, ability to interpret information, basic math skills, reading and writing in English. Simple problem solving and decision-making skills
Occasionally – Hear, intermediate math skills and problems solving for method troubleshooting
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Due to the highly regulated pharmaceutical industry and legal requirements, you may be subject to post employment background checks.