Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Supports the Microbiological analysis of products, stability samples, validation samples and raw materials through testing, data analysis/interpretation, method validation and continuous improvement projects.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Good written and verbal communication skills, excellent documentation and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently and with others,
- Ability to take ownership of assigned tasks and responsibility for the results.
- Two plus years’ experience in a Micro Lab either in pharmaceutical or other industrial setting, and background in aseptic techniques and LIMS preferred.
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology or related science.
Major Duties / Responsibilities
1. Performs microbiological testing of products, stability samples, validation samples and raw materials.
2. Performs suitability testing and method validation as required.
3. Analyzes and interprets data.
4. Performs antibiotic potency assays/ Antimicrobial effectiveness tests
5. Performs purified water testing and Environmental monitoring.
6. Prepares media as required, Growth Promotion testing
7. Identifies Microorganisms by microscopic examination,biochemical tests and cultural characteristics.
8. Culture maintenance.
Typical Problems: Ensuring that samples match requirements and are traceable, ensuring adequate inventory of controlled media to meet production needs, following cGMP, and maintaining aseptic techniques.
Most Complex Problems: Identifying and initiating all OOS paperwork and processes.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Due to the highly regulated pharmaceutical industry and legal requirements, you may be subject to post employment background checks.