BW Architect - HANA
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
*Note that this position can be remote if necessary*
Perrigo is looking for a BW Architect to join their Enterprise Reporting Team located in Allegan, MI. The BW Architect will be responsible for business requirements gathering by identifying data sources and structures, understanding user data final purpose and reviewing data access control with data owners. They will also be accountable for designing and developing data in BW while also designing, developing, maintaining, and supporting SAP Business Warehouse applications in a reliable and accurate manner while ensuring the accuracy and availability of Perrigo’s primary data. We also would like this person to be able to identify data and system requirements analyses, and new opportunities for BW functionality.
- Independently develop and maintain very complex user-level and technical requirement specifications documentation and issue resolution for SAP BW applications
- Participate in new project development, while supporting projects of high-level complexity
- Participate in all aspects of SAP BW-based applications design, development, maintenance, and support; and establish standards and processes which ensure the reliability of Perrigo’s SAP data. Support work and users integration included
- Maintain project and programming documentation to ensure compliance in Perrigo’s validated cGMP environment
- Establish thorough testing and debugging programming requirements and practices, and provide proper technical documentation to satisfy all corporate guidelines, and Perrigo and cGMP standards
- Work with business users to discover reporting and self service opportunities and training users on PowerBI, BOBJ, SAC. With the knowledge of ETL tools like BODS & SLT
- Provide guidance and act as a technical expert to the Business Intelligence project team
- Excellent knowledge of SAP BW applications design, development, maintenance, and support, new project development, and ABAP coding techniques
- Ability to work directly with the SAP Warehouse user community to gather requirements, and apply strong analysis and design skills to build system specifications
- Very strong analytical, problem-solving, written and verbal communication skills to support BW functionality, including BW applications, ODS objects and info cube, and the ability to work closely with users and Business Analysts in a validated environment
- These skills are normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor degree in Business, CIS, Information Technology, or a closely allied field; combined with 10+ years experience in the development and maintenance of SAP BW applications on release 7.x and above, and 7 years of progressive responsibility in an SAP ERP environment
- SAP BW: 10+ years
- SAP ECC experience as source: 10+ years
- ETL: BODS or SLT: 1+ year ( nice to have )
- Hana: 1+ year ( nice to have )
- Reporting tools: BOBJ, PowerBi, SAC - 1 year ( nice to have)
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.