Engineer - Manufacturing
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
The Engineer provides comprehensive engineering support and expertise through the design, development, maintenance, and improvement of facility, utility, and manufacturing equipment in a cGMP manufacturing facility.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures. Advances and promotes the safety culture at the site.
- Performs all phases of capital projects (specification, vendor selection, design review, procurement, installation, commissioning, and commercial start-up) for facilities, equipment, and utilities.
- Provides a daily presence in manufacturing areas to support operations by partnering with maintenance personnel, supervisors, and equipment operators to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues for a 24/7 manufacturing operation.
- Conducts investigations (root cause analysis) to determine the cause of deviations. Identifies and implements corrective actions and preventive actions (CAPA) to improve product quality.
- Coordinates and leads continuous improvement projects aimed at cost reduction, quality improvement and efficiency improvement by streamlining processes and improving capability.
- Develops and performs qualification protocols (IQ/OQ/PQ) for facility, equipment, and utilities.
- Complies with cGMP documentation requirements and writes change controls, standard operating procedures, and related documents.
- Monitors contractors who provide services for engineering projects to ensure quality of work, compliance with Perrigo’s policies, effectiveness of services, and cost effectiveness.
- Adheres to all Perrigo company policies.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline.
- A minimum of 4 - 6 years related engineering work experience.
- Project management experience and engineering expertise performing all phases of capital projects related to facility (e.g. construction, HVAC), utility (e.g. chilled water, steam, compressed air), and equipment (e.g. spray dryers, mixers, packaging, clean-in-place).
- Ability to read and understand process flow, process and instrumentation, piping, mechanical, and structural drawings. Must be experienced with AutoCAD.
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills.
- Thorough understanding of Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) in a food processing or pharmaceutical environment. Previous experience working in an FDA regulated industry is preferred.
- A working knowledge and understanding of spray drying production processes is preferred.
- Must be highly results orientated and able to work in a changing environment where a high degree of teamwork and collaboration are required, communicate effectively (both verbally and written), handle multiple assignments, handle wide diversity of assignments, and work with a minimum of supervision.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.