Associate or Account Manager CPG - Sales
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
We are currently looking for an Associate or Account Manager with CPG experience to join our Perrigo Sales Team preferably in Allegan, MI. However an alternate location can be considered.
The incumbent develops Perrigo’s business in the categories for which they are responsible at assigned accounts via effective account management practices and implementation of recommendations that grow Perrigo’s revenue and profit.
Knowledge and Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field and 5+ years of professional experience, at least 3 of which are in Sales, or an equivalent combination of education &/or experience. Industry experience required.
- Previous Consumer Packaged Goods experience in direct selling to customers, demonstrated strong analytical skills and solid understanding of the selling process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential, including oral and written communication.
- Able to interpret quantitative and qualitative information and use such information to develop actionable recommendations.
- Works well under tight timelines, can manage hundreds of different skus across multiple categories and has ability to prioritize work in fast-paced environment.
- Excellent judgment, follow-up, attention to detail and personal accountability.
- Working knowledge of basic computer software and ability to communicate by email, telephone and in person.
Major Duties / Responsibilities:
- Sales & Margin - Leads development of objectives and implements strategies to achieve sales plan in the categories for which they are responsible at assigned accounts. Collaborates with Account or Region teammates, Marketing and Marketing Information to develop and present category reviews, new product presentations, share growth initiatives and consumer insights findings in an actionable manner. Utilizes category and product information to develop and sell in robust rolling 6-12-month promotional calendars.
- Price Management - Responsible for executing all Price Management activities at assigned accounts. Negotiates item pricing to achieve established price and margin objectives. Collaborates with Pricing Department and Marketing to understand and incorporate market and competitive intelligence into all price concession negotiations.
- Strategic Account Relationship - Successfully enhances business relationships with focus on the Buyers but also inclusive up to the Director level in the categories for which they are responsible and across all necessary complementary departments. Leverage relationships to maximize Perrigo’s value as a partner and our business results.
- Internal Project Management - Is the Customer’s primary advocate inside Perrigo. Directs initiatives with internal departments to ensure new products, promotions and other account initiatives are developed and shipped on time. Works with Perrigo Customer Service and Customer Replenishment teams to develop and execute service strategies to maximize DC and store in-stocks and is responsible for forecasting.
- Administrative - Responsible for ensuring compliance to Perrigo & Customer administrative requirements. Collaborates with internal colleagues to ensure Perrigo resources and systems are understood and aligned to the needs of the customer.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.