Systems Support Specialist (Deskside Support)
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Perrigo is seeking a Systems Support Specialist to join their Desktop Support team located in Allegan, MI at their North American Headquarters. The Specialist will provide technical support for the core components of Perrigo’s infrastructure desktop environment, including client, server and LAN/WAN services (2nd level - Deskside Support).
- Support standard/cGMP qualified infrastructure systems based on innovative, industry-standard solutions.
- Build and replace desktop hardware, isolate and resolve system problems, analyze support patterns to proactively prevent issues, research and develop new support processes, and assist with strategic planning of shared computing services.
- Handle specific projects in coordination with the team Manager and maintain all 2nd level responsibilities.
- Will focus on supporting the end user and the business and provide timely solutions within the SLA requirements.
- Use an analytical approach to solving problems and must be able to handle all phases of technology implementation including solution development, testing, end-user pilots and rollout.
- Continuous education is required to maintain competency in a fast changing business and technical environment.
- Perrigo’s Information Technology & Services (IT&S) Second Level Support Team aligns with ITIL industry best practice.
- Must possess strong skills in configuration, deployment, cGMP validation and support for the desktop systems within a medium to large LAN/WAN environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, MAC OS and basic support of MAC systems, HP Printers, SCCM, Microsoft Windows XP/Win7/Win10, IP networking, systems administration, and monitoring tools are essential.
- Strong communication skills and customer service skills are desired.
- Must be a self-motivated team player with the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to lift 50-75 lbs. in support of our print systems along with various other IT systems to include LCD TVs.
- These skills are normally acquired through completion of an Associate’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, CIS, IT, or a related field, combined with 1-5 years of experience in the IT Industry. Certification in appropriate technologies, such as CISCO or Microsoft is a plus.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Due to the highly regulated pharmaceutical industry and legal requirements, you may be subject to post employment background checks.