Plant Operations Specialist Opportunity - Allegan
At Perrigo our mission is clear: To make lives better by bringing Quality, Affordable Self-Care Products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. With over $5 billion in sales and more than 10,000 people working around the world, Perrigo Company is a leading global Self-Care supplier. We develop, manufacture, package and distribute over-the-counter pharmaceuticals, nutritional products, active pharmaceutical ingredients and consumer products. With over five million square feet of FDA-approved manufacturing facilities, Perrigo offers a broad line of store-brand products that contain the same active ingredients as the advertised brand products--and we're the world's largest manufacturer of OTC pharmaceutical products for the store brand market.
Perrigo is hiring for multiple entry level Operations positions, including positions on packaging lines, mix/manufacturing areas, and forklift drivers. As positions become available, a member of the Talent Acquisition team will reach out to candidates that possess the skills and background that meet the specific position requirements. The shifts for these positions vary, but will be one of the following: 2nd, 3rd or 12 hour PM rotations. Perrigo offers competitive wages, including off shift premiums, as well as a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, a comprehensive wellness program with an onsite fitness center, tuition reimbursement, holiday/vacation time, paid time off and more!
- Preference will be given to candidates with previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
- These positions will report to Shift Supervisors and range from Tablet Coating, Tablet Compression, Tablet Mix, Dispensing, and Packaging Specialist positions for our Allegan locations.
- A High School diploma (or G.E.D.) is required as is an excellent attendance record and work history. A strong mechanical aptitude highly preferred. All candidates must have the ability to work 40 hours per week with availability for overtime when necessary. Candidates must also be available to train on other shifts.
- Must be able to fulfill all core skills within thirty (30) days or one (1) month and have open availability for training on various shifts.
- A working knowledge of computers is required to perform necessary tasks such as finding and reading procedures using computer terminals. Basic math and reading/comprehension skills are also required.
- It is a requirement that all Specialists can stand for the length of their shift, with breaks every 2 hours, which will amount to approximately 85% of the total shift spent standing.
Consistently/Frequently – stand, walk, lift up to 50 lbs., climb ladders, stoop/bend, squat, kneeling, twisting, grasping, move items/boxes, feel with hands/fingers
Occasionally – sit, lifting 50 lbs., pull and push with skid jacks 880 lbs., climb ladders, stoop/bend, squat, kneeling, twisting, reach, reach above shoulders and head
Rarely – lift above shoulders and head 25 lbs
Consistently/Frequently - exposure to loud noises/machinery, exposure to chemicals
Consistently/Frequently - see (vision), hear, ability to read and write, ability to interpret information, basic math, reading and writing in English*Physical requirements may very by position and can be discussed at the time of interview.
Please be aware you may experience exposure to aspirin, ibuprofen, acetaminophen or other OTC (Over The Counter) medication dust as products are loaded into hoppers. These dusts may be considered sensitizers that could affect an individual who has allergies to such materials.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Due to the highly regulated pharmaceutical industry and legal requirements, you may be subject to post employment background checks.