Manager / Sr. Manager, SEC Financial Reporting
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Perrigo is searching for an experienced SEC manager to join our Global Financial Reporting Team at our North American Headquarters in Allegan, Michigan. In this role, the SEC Financial Manager is responsible for the gathering and preparation of financial information for Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) reporting, some participation in monthly financial close, integration and accounting related to business acquisitions, and other special projects as assigned.The SEC Financial Reporting Manager will oversee the SEC reporting team, interact regularly with other departments (Legal, Tax, Investor Relations, Financial Planning and Analysis, etc.) and global subsidiaries, coordinate with auditors, and have high visibility and exposure to senior management, the executive team, and the Audit Committee.
- Own the beginning-to-end process of producing Perrigo's quarterly and annual SEC filings, earnings release, registration statements, and all other external financial reporting requirements
- Lead coordination with and provide support for internal and external audits and reviews of SEC filings
- Manage a team of 1-2 individuals
- Monitor changes in US GAAP and SEC requirements and ensure accounting practices, reporting, and disclosures are in compliance
- Coordinate the gathering and preparation of schedules to support financial statement disclosures
- Oversee the XBRL tagging process on applicable SEC filings
- Perform technical accounting research and special projects as requested
- Comprehensive knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting regulations
- Excellent analytical, oral, and written communication skills with the ability to exercise initiative, good judgment, close attention to detail, and emphasis on process improvement
- Demonstrate a desire to learn, possess a good attitude, and work well independently and as part of a team
- Strong computer proficiency (Excel) required; experience with SAP, HFM, and Wdesk preferred
- Experience in managing a team of people
- These skills are typically acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting/Finance combined with 5-10 years of experience in financial reporting and/or public accounting at a publicly traded company
- CPA designation required
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Due to the highly regulated pharmaceutical industry and legal requirements, you may be subject to post employment background checks.