Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Perrigo Company plc is a leading global healthcare supplier that develops, manufactures and distributes over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription (Rx) pharmaceuticals, nutritional products, and active pharmaceutical ingredients (API).
As a QC Chemist, you will perform analytical testing on samples relative to the release of Perrigo materials and product according to cGMP requirements.
These positions vary, but will be off shift opportunities on 2nd, or Weekend rotations. Perrigo offers competitive wages, including off shift premiums, as well as a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, a comprehensive wellness program with an onsite fitness center, tuition reimbursement, holiday time, paid time off and more!
- Collect samples including raw material, finished product, process equipment and environmental.
- Test purchased materials and/or Perrigo manufactured products per cGMP requirements and participate in laboratory investigations.
- Operate laboratory equipment.
- Participate in internal and external quality audits.
- Maintain personal laboratory work area and assist with general laboratory cleaning.
- Participate in training and development.
- Bachelor of Science in a scientific discipline (Chemistry or Food Science preferred, Biology) which includes academic lab experience.
- Minimum of 1-2 years' experience working in a GMP/FDA regulated manufacturing environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, excellent documentation and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently and with others.
- Ability to take ownership of assigned tasks and responsibility for the results.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Due to the highly regulated pharmaceutical industry and legal requirements, you may be subject to post employment background checks.