Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
The Environmental Health & Safety Manager is responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction for all the site environmental health and safety programs. Establishing EHS objectives and direction for the site through the design, development, implementation and audit of environmental health and safety programs.
These programs are designed to minimise exposure to workplace risks, control and eliminate incident costs, and assure compliance with all applicable environmental, health and safety regulations.
Working with the site leadership team and utilising compliance tools and management systems, the EHS Manager will oversee proactive environmental health and safety programs that align with the local and Perrigo corporate requirements.
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective workplace & safety management system.
- Assist Site leaders in providing a workplace that is, as far as reasonably practicable, safe and healthy for employees and Visitors, in their respective areas of control.
- Modelling health & safety leadership and behaviours.
- Chair the Occupational Health & Safety Committee and ensure OSH Representatives are supported.
- Drive consistent and continuous improvement in Environment, Health and Safety practices and standards, whilst developing best practice in safety and operations through inspection, audit, investigation and corrective action.
- Arrange for employees to be inducted, informed and trained in safe work procedures and environmental controls.
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective environmental and sustainability management system.
- Participate in CAPEX project design, scoping and execution in accordance with the capital management plan.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Recognised safety qualification (degree level preferred) and 6+ years experience in the Pharmaceutical or FMCG industries.
- Demonstrated experience in safety & health and environmental management systems development, implementation and maintenance.
- Sound analytical and problem solving ability.
- High level computer literacy, including MS Office Suite, SAP and Gensuite.
- Technical investigation and report writing skills.
- Experience in equipment and process improvement in an operations environment will be well regarded.
- Interpersonal skills and an ability to collaborate with and influence other department managers and team members.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.