Assistant Innovation Scientist
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
The purpose of the role of an Assistant Innovation Scientist is to help to identify and manage new product development opportunities in order to broaden the company’s European and APAC product and brand portfolio. The Assistant Innovation Scientist also helps with the scientific and technical support for the European and APAC portfolio.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide scientific, clinical and technical support to other functions & affiliates (Quality, Regulatory, Sales, NPD, Marketing) for the Oral Care product portfolio.
- Translate the latest trends in your domain of expertise into innovative propositions for new Oral Care products (by seeking new ingredients, new formulas, new formats…).
- Assess and screen new projects within the Oral Care category and turn them into practical development opportunities.
- Analyze the existing portfolio of products for the Oral Care category, propose harmonizations and product optimizations.
- Support in projects with expert formulation and product development knowledge. Help with product commercialization and technical documentation requirements.
- You have a strong scientific background as well as a strong affinity for marketing of consumer goods.
- BSc or MSc in Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year of work experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of or prior experience with development of cosmetics or FMCG (knowledge of oral care products would be a bonus)
- You have knowledge of the EU cosmetics regulation and a basic understanding of the legal / regulatory aspects.
- You are experienced in managing several projects at once.
- You have experience of working in cross-functional teams composed of Marketing, Quality, Regulatory, Supply & Innovation, as well has being hands on and fast paced.
- You will occasionally travel to the various regions where Perrigo is operational.
- Excellent English language is a must, German or French too would be a bonus
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.