Associate Buyer- CPG
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
The company is the world's largest manufacturer of OTC pharmaceutical products for the store brand market and an industry leader in pharmaceutical technologies. They also own Geiss, Destin & Dunn , a distributor of OTC healthcare and consumer goods to the non-chain retail and institutional markets in the US. Its GoodSense range comprises more than 1,500 products, including blood pressure monitors, haircare products and hand sanitizers as well as OTC medicines.
We are currently looking for an Associate Buyer for our facility in Peachtree Georgia
The buyer will work closely with our suppliers to ensure customer service, quality and supply chain standards are met for their assigned category through understanding of domestic and international logistics, shipment tracking etc. This position is responsible for coordinating procurement activities for direct materials and execution of tactical procurement processes while complying with procurement policies and procedures and participating on global supply strategy teams.
- Direct Sourcing responsibility (contract and price negotiation) up to $20MM
- Responsible for internal and external customer service level requirements, strategic inventory and metrics. Understand supplier downtime, communication of potential shortages.
- Understand supplier downtime, communication of potential shortages
- Support Sales and Marketing customer promotions
- Company and supplier liaison to resolve quality deviations, rejections and advisories
- Support cost management of pricing, invoice investigation and resolution, logistics supply chain process, contractual obligations (e.g. volume splits, supplier charge backs, rebates, economic order quantity and cost analysis etc.)
- Identify, review monthly supplier scorecards against established metrics, develop and implement an improvement plan.
University Degree or equivalent; Typically a minimum of 2 years work experience required.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Due to the highly regulated pharmaceutical industry and legal requirements, you may be subject to post employment background checks.