Brand Manager- CPG Nicotine Experience
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Join our team of over 12,000 employees dedicated to improving the quality of life for billions of people across the globe.
We are currently looking for a Brand Manager, with prior Nicotine Experience for our Healthy Lifestyles to join our Perrigo Marketing Team in Allegan, MI.* While Perrigo has historically focused solely on the store brand market, the company has started to build a robust portfolio of insurgent and national brands, and we are looking for a skilled marketer than can serve as a general manager of a blended brand and store brand portfolio. This individual must be a thoughtful and aspirational leader, one who is adept at building, communicating, and executing a vision, strategy, and plan for a category that is a global priority and key growth platform at Perrigo. CPG and OTC/pharmaceutical industry experience are preferred.
Position responsibilities include:
- Chart a strategic course for the category that fits within the overarching corporate strategy, including both brand and store brand products, and build a compelling story to rally our sales organization and communicate with our customers
- Lead development and execution of all messaging, creative, and production required for commercial programs, including advertising, trade, and shopper marketing
- Build channel strategy, inclusive of traditional retail and ecommerce
- Analyze product performance and leverage marketplace data and trends to more deeply understand and react to consumer, customer, and business drivers, therefore improving portfolio sales
- Establish KPIs to measure impact, with the ability to analyze and utilize them in the decision-making process and provide optimized solutions based on results
- Partner in the development of a product roadmap based on category and consumer insights and in alignment with the strategy, then champion and lead the new product development process from conception through launch, leading those ideas through the stage gate process to successful deployment
- Actively collaborate with internal and external partners to bring the strategy and plan to life
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Manage and develop one direct report
- Up to 30% travel
- Nicotine experience this could be traditional nicotine (i.e, Philip Morris Intl, Altria, RJ Reynolds, Swedish Match) or nicotine replacement (i.e., GSK, McNeil).
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or a related field (MBA preferred)
- Minimum 8 years relevant marketing experience
- Strong sense of urgency, even when managing complex initiatives with long lead times; adaptability and flexibility to meet changing priorities and adjust to different management styles
- Biased toward action. Takes initiative, can hit the ground running and move projects forward right from the start. Entrepreneurial instincts with clear bias for informed action and track record of leading new initiatives with limited resources and support
- Resilient problem solver. Can build consensus even if all team members may not be in agreement. Can find creative solutions and common ground in order to move key initiatives forward.
- Comfortable in fast-changing, fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Strong drive for results and ability to display leadership, decision-making and analytical skills, effective communication, strategic thinking, self-motivation, and a passion for the consumer and the customer
- High levels of interpersonal skills, specifically in the area of influencing without direct authority, resolving conflict, and creative problem solving
- Proven analytic skills. Must be comfortable mining and analyzing data, then developing clear and actionable conclusions/recommendations
- Experience in product management with P&L exposure and understanding
- Proven track record in developing and leading new product ideation and execution via stage gate process
- Experience developing strategic brand / product plans, such as communication campaigns and commercialization strategies that break from the category and drive sales
- Clear, concise and persuasive communication style that compels to action. Outstanding written/oral, organizational, analytical abilities, and attention to detail
- OTC and/or pharmaceutical industry experience
- CPG industry experience
- IRI/Nielsen experience
*Given the current environment, employees will be working from home initially, but the expectation is that the candidate will eventually be based in Allegan, MI.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.