Environmental Health & Safety Manager- New York
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
The Environmental Health & Safety Manager is responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction for the New York operations environmental health and safety programs. Establishes EHS objectives and directs the activities of the site EHS staff to design, develop, implement and audit environmental health and safety programs. These programs are designed to minimize employee exposure to workplace risks, control and eliminate incident costs, and assure compliance with all applicable environmental, health and safety regulations.
Working with the site leadership team and site EHS personnel, and utilizing compliance tools and management systems, the successful candidate will oversee proactive environmental health and safety programs that align with the Perrigo corporate requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of EHS management systems, safety and environmental regulations, and local, state and federal related compliance requirements
- Demonstrated ability to lead strategic initiatives towards an established EHS vision
- Continuous improvement of the safety culture at the New York campus by using Human Organizational Performance (HOP), Behavioral Based Safety (BBS) or other tools to enhance employee engagement
- Drives execution of tactical and strategic initiatives at the site to eliminate hazards and reduce or eliminate risks and drive continuous EHS performance improvement
- Participates in various committees and steering teams as the EHS representative, facilitates active steering teams and forms and facilitates ad hoc committees for the development of safety, health and environmental standards and policies for the New York campus
- Advises site leadership on government regulations and Pharmaceutical industry best practices relating to EHS and recommends necessary actions to attain compliance and mitigate risk
- Drive implementation of site EHS management system to ensure consistency with Perrigo goals and objectives
- Develop/mentor site EHS staff to improve technical and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and motivate teams with ability to develop and manage budgets
- Works within established Perrigo guidelines and policy framework to design, propose and implement EHS strategies for the site, to meet EHS requirements supporting short and long-term business needs
- Monitors “system” performance, maintains EHS metrics, scorecards and objectives, gathers and analyzes data, and participates in site meetings
- Design, implementation and management of site EHS programs (Confined Space Entry, Lock-out Tag-out, Machine Guarding etc.)
- Extensive experience in creating and delivering EHS training
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of eight (8) years of safety and regulatory compliance experience, preferably in food, drug or cosmetic industry. CIH (Certified Industrial Hygienist) and/or CSP (Certified Safety Professional) certificates desired
- Experience with Gensuite or another EMIS system desired
- Pharma background is highly desired
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.