Packaging Operator III - Grand Rapids Oral Care Location
At Perrigo our mission is clear: To make lives better by bringing Quality, Affordable Self-Care Products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. With over $5 billion in sales and more than 11,000 people working around the world, Perrigo Company is a leading global Self-Care supplier. Perrigo Oral Care (Ranir) develops, manufactures, packages and distributes Oral Care products.
The Packaging Operator III is responsible for coordinating all activities related to the operation of any assigned machine or area. These activities include setup, change over, and troubleshooting, and training of other associates; and ensuring that the customer order is produced according to customer specifications, quality standards, and schedule/work order. A basic expectation of employee performance is the consistent adherence to company rules and regulations concerning attendance, dress, safety, plant maintenance guidelines, teamwork, Employee Handbook policies, SOP's, GMP’s, Quality standards and respect for others. The shifts for these positions vary, but will be one of the following: 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift.
- Review production orders to verify customer specifications. Ensure line runs according to assigned production quantity (and speeds) for each machine and item.
- Coordinate the activities of assigned crew and material handlers during production runs and downtime to assure maximum efficiencies.
- Changeover machines for running of different customer orders. Changeover duties include:
- Performing Line Clearance
- Checking customer spec/work order, obtaining all materials required. Verification of batch and lot numbers.
- Perform troubleshooting duties to ensure that quality parts are produced. Troubleshooting duties may include adjustment of the following: speed (dwell), temperature, air pressure, bag length, packing clamp, laser light barriers, grippers, stretch time, RF generator. Must also be able to reload or make minor adjustments to fix tape machine. In addition, be able to diagnose a machine problem and properly communicate it to maintenance
- Complete all necessary paperwork including skid tags and the daily production sheet, which contains information on inventory used, parts produced, and rate.
- Complete duties related to the operation of the team:
- Sweep and clean around work area in order to maintain a safe and orderly environment
- Participate in team meetings and work with the team to achieve department goals
- Recommend suggestions that will improve profitability or the safety of the personnel
- Operate machines/work in other areas of the department (Assembly, Decorating, Samples, Pic Operation)
- A High School diploma (or G.E.D.) is required as is an excellent attendance record and work history.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English (at a high school level).
- A strong mechanical aptitude is required.
- All candidates must have the ability to work 40 hours per week with availability for overtime when necessary. Candidates must also be available to train on other shifts.
- A working knowledge of computers is required to perform necessary tasks such as finding and reading procedures using computer terminals. Basic math and reading/comprehension skills are also required.
- It is a requirement that all associates can stand for the length of their shift, with a 30-minute break in the middle of their shift, which will amount to approximately 85% of the total shift spent standing.
- Consistently/Frequently - see (vision), hear, ability to read and write, ability to interpret information, basic math, reading and writing in English
Consistently/Frequently – stand, walk, lift up to 30 lbs., stoop/bend, squat, kneeling, twisting, grasping, move items/boxes, feel with hands/fingers
Occasionally – sit, lifting 40 lbs., stoop/bend, squat, kneeling, twisting, reach, reach above shoulders and head
Rarely – lift above shoulders and head 25 lbs
Consistently/Frequently - exposure to loud noises/machinery
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.