Global Internal Auditor
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
An exciting career opportunity is currently available on Perrigo’s Global Internal Audit team. The individual selected for this role will perform a variety of audit assignments of varying complexity and scope on all operations of the organization including financial, operational, compliance and strategy-focused audits. The ideal candidate will have experience with conducting audit interviews, documenting testing, identifying process improvements, and making recommendations to individuals within all levels of the organization.
- Effectively plan, direct, conduct and prepare comprehensive internal, operational and financial reviews throughout the company either independently or as a team leader.
- Contribute to audit reports and ensure findings and actions are well documented in accordance with department standards.
- Partner and interact with various levels of management and external stakeholders.
- Identify internal control problems and departures from financial or operating procedures and standards.
- Review management action plans and monitor implementation of recommendations proposed by Internal Audit, as well as the external auditors, to ensure that root causes have been identified and issues are adequately address and mitigated.
- Assess risks and work with stakeholders to identify controls, process improvements and remediate deficiencies.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Experience working in a public company and/or public accounting firm is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of financial and operational risks and controls with an understanding of internal auditing standards and techniques, including knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills and a basic understanding of financial statements.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to develop and maintain peer relationships and work well within a team environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and knowledge of data analytics and electronic working papers.
- Experience with TeamMate and IDEA software programs is preferred.
- Must have the ability to travel both domestically and internationally approximately 15 – 20% of the time, dependent on business needs.
- These skills are typically acquired through the completion of a Bachelor's degree in a related field along with a minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Possession of or demonstrated work toward a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation and/or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation is an advantage.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Due to the highly regulated pharmaceutical industry and legal requirements, you may be subject to post employment background checks.