Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
The responsibilities of this role are to facilitate a structured approach to workplace health & safety, environmental management & sustainability in order to achieve a consistently high standard of performance and to maintain effective management systems. This is a hands-on role with a dual focus on process and results delivering tangible and quantifiable ongoing benefits in areas of safety & health and environmental sustainability. The role will also participate in CAPEX projects.
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective workplace & safety management system;
- Assist Site leaders in providing a workplace that is, as far as reasonably practicable, safe and healthy for employees and Visitors, in their respective areas of control.
- Modelling health & safety leadership.
- Chair the Occupational Health & Safety Committee and ensure OSH Representatives are supported.
- Drive consistent and continuous improvement in Environment, Health and Safety practices and standards, whilst developing best practice in safety and operations through inspection, audit, investigation and corrective action.
- Arrange for employees to be inducted, informed and trained in safe work procedures.
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective environmental and sustainability management system.
- Modelling environmental stewardship.
- Arrange for employees to be inducted, informed and trained in good environmental practices and support the Green Team Champions and representatives.
- Participate in CAPEX project design, scoping and execution in accordance with the capital management plan.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- 3-5 years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical or FMCG industries.
- Demonstrated experience in safety & health and environmental management systems development, implementation and maintenance.
- Sound analytical and problem solving ability.
- High level computer literacy, including MS Office Suite.
- A relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent work experience in Engineering, HSE or Risk Management/Hazard Management
- Technical report writing skills.
- Experience in equipment and process improvement in an operations environment will be well regarded.
- Interpersonal skills and an ability to influence other department managers and team members.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.