Corporate Controller - Rx
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Perrigo is seeking a Corporate Controller to join their Rx division located in Allegan, MI. The Corporate Controller will be a financial leader within the company providing strategic and operational guidance to the Finance Leadership team. They will also serve as the principal advisor regarding all financial reporting and technical accounting matters that may affect the short-term or long-term success of the company. The individual will be responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and administering the system of financial controls and operating systems, and documenting accounting policies for the Company within general policy guidelines while guiding and directing the timely and accurate financial reporting of business information.
- Provides financial leadership to the Company giving both strategic and operational guidance to top managers to ensure proper accounting is always followed.
- Oversees and develops the internal financial reporting for the Company including dissemination of actual results to Senior Management and others, and may include materials used externally with investors, banks, etc.
- Coordinates the monthly, quarterly consolidation and annual closes to ensure timely and accurate completion of each and that fiscal goals are being met.
- Act as liaison with external auditors ensuring smooth annual and quarterly audits. Works with auditors in examination of potential changes in accounting policies.
- Oversees the development and implementation of policies and controls consistent with SEC and GAAP. On an ongoing basis reviews current accounting systems and procedures to ensure efficiency and compliance. Oversees the development of financial reporting information that will meet external SEC and other financial government reporting for the Company, assuring compliance with all regulations. Ensure compliance with relevant Sarbanes-Oxley regulations.
- Provides the oversight and leadership over the functional areas of accounts receivable and accounts payable company’s U.S. locations ensuring activities and processes conform to company’s internal control and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, and are executed in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and company’s policies and procedures.
- Designs, implements and administers the company bad debts, credit and collections operations.
- Supports special projects including acquisitions, divestitures, systems implementations, and other projects as necessary.
- Must possess comprehensive knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Must have strong analytical, leadership, communication and planning skills
- Must have strong computer proficiency using Excel and experience in SAP
- Must have experience with consolidation tools
- These skills are typically acquired through the completion of a Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or closely related discipline; combined within a minimum of 12+ years of progressively responsible financial experience and three years or more as a lead finance person in a company or a controller of a business unit are required
- Active CPA designation strongly preferred
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.