Head of Accounting
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
We are excited to be recruiting a dedicated Head of Accounting/Chief Accountant to join our Finance Team based in our Nazareth, Belgium location.
Reporting directly to the Head of Centre of Excellence, this position will lead an existing team of 6 accountants located across Belgium, France and the Netherlands. This is a great opportunity to collaborate with a great international team and to be involved in building out our BeNeFra Centre of Excellence.
- Supervises a team of 6 accountants.
- Performs independently general accounting activities requiring some insight and depth of understanding.
- Applies accounting techniques and standard practices to the classification and recording of financial transactions.
- Documents SOX controls of allocated processes.
- Has the ability to handle most standard issues independently.
- Interact with local auditors for the audit of allocated processes.
- Performs the month-end accounting activities of assigned legal entities under local GAAP and US GAAP.
- Coordinate with team to complete assigned accounting tasks within deadlines.
- Provide guidance to other accountants when needed.
- Preparing Belgian and foreign VAT (monthly / quarterly) and other tax returns.
- Will assist in preparing tax reconciliations from local Tax to US GAAP.
- Prepares Belgian annual accounts.
- Review and recommend changes to existing accounting procedures.
- May significantly contribute to preparation of a variety of reasonably standard, periodic "intermediate" or "end products”, trial balances, balance sheets, profit-and-loss statements or statements of sourcing and application of funds.
- Professional Bachelor degree or equivalent; typically a minimum of 6 years’ work experience required.
- Solid knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office tools.
- Solid understanding of local GAAP requirements that are allocated to the Centre of Excellence.
- Good knowledge of Dutch, French and English.
- Communication and delegation skills.
- Team player with a Can-do attitude.
- Ability to function in a remote team.
- Ability to execute fast and accurate without questioning the overall process.
- Accurate and proactive in approach.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.