Packaging Mechanic + $5,000 BONUS*
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Perrigo Nutritionals, located in Georgia, VT is looking to add a Packaging Mechanic to their team. Day or night shift is currently available.
This role will trouble shoot and diagnose packaging equipment and adjust or repair this same equipment in a timely manner. Skilled in mechanical repair, equipment set up, preventative maintenance, and equipment changeovers. Ability to follow written and oral instructions, properly complete documentation, both written and automated. Must be competent on operations of all machinery in the packaging area. Must be able to maintain skills in maintenance and operations of all machines in packaging.
Required to follow and comply with Departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and Safety/Housekeeping guidelines. Required to comply with hazardous procedures and be able to read and understand Safety Data Sheets.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for maintenance and troubleshooting the mechanical aspects of manufacturing and packaging equipment and facilities in compliance standard operating procedures.
- Performs machine rebuilding, repair and troubleshooting, preventative maintenance and moves equipment.
- Lead change overs on the packaging lines according to schedule, performing job duties in a safe and efficient manner and apply good manufacturing practices.
- Provide accurate and timely documentation of work as directed by Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Work Instructions (WI), in automated computer-based program, electronic daily log, and verbally communicated with supervision and co-workers.
- Continuously looks for and helps to implement improvements to the process, productivity, quality and reduce costs. Performs special projects and other related duties specific to the department as assigned.
- Assist in training others and interfaces with other technicians across all shifts in a team environment. Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Requires completion of a high school diploma, General Education Development (GED) or equivalency.
- Minimum of two years of experience in manufacturing (or similar) role that requires mechanical set up and changeovers, running adjustments, troubleshooting and light fabrication.
- Ability to weld or learn basic welding.
- Ability to use a Mill and Lathe or learn basic machinist skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Must possess good math and reading comprehension skills, including procedure documents, as well as proofread alpha and numeric data.
- Ability to read, understand, equipment manuals, and follow work instructions, standard operation procedures, and training material.
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office and experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) such as SAP required with the ability to navigate through computer based training systems and use in the course of daily work.
- Attended industrial maintenance course or similar mechanical education degree/course study preferred.
- Demonstrated cooperative work conduct and the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) background desirable.
- Works from ladders, man lifts, and requires ability to continuously lift 20 pounds (9 kilograms) or equivalency and up to 50 pounds (22 kilograms) or equivalency frequently.
- Must be able to stand on concrete floors for 8 hours up to 12 hours. Must be able to push or pull up to 400 pounds (181 kilograms) or equivalency utilizing a manual cart.
- Must be able to stoop, squat, and bend.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces and in high areas using proper procedures with ability to have sustained reach laterally and above shoulder height.
- Must be able to frequently grasp objects, small hand tools, calipers, etc. Must possess sufficient visual and audio acuity to work safely and accurately in an industrial environment.
- Must be able to wear appropriate personal protective equipment to comply with hazardous procedures.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week and required overtime through extended shifts and weekends.
**Protective Equipment Requirement**
May be required to wear negative and/or positive pressure respirators daily for long periods of time. Must be medically cleared to wear respirators without restrictions. Must be clean shaven to seal area of the tight fitting respirator.
Must be able to comply with locally required worker safety, environmental and health practices.
Perrigo’s #1 priority is, and will continue to be, our peoples’ safety and well-being. Please visit this link https://www.perrigo.com/message-perrigo-ceo-and-president-covid-19 to learn about our commitment to protecting our employees during the Covid19 pandemic.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.