3rd shift Inventory Control Technician - Oral Care
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
This position is responsible for customer service in Operations such as picking material and staging of production orders in coordination with Business Planers to assure production orders are produced and maintained by priority. This includes maintaining inventory accuracy, using correct batch control, expiration dating, and reconciliation of inventory through production orders and or adjustments.
Duties consist of driving Powered Industrial Equipment (forklifts, order pickers) and considerable physical activity (repetitive bending, lifting and twisting).
This is a cross-functional position that will requires flexibility throughout the departments. This also includes weekend overtime as needed and or other tasks given by your Supervisor.
- This position is responsible for servicing departments by visually selecting batch-controlled and or expire dated material to be issued in ERP and physically staged to a specific production order for operations. The picking of these orders will be based on current schedules and priorities given by the Business Planers.
- Assuring there are enough orders and hours picked for the work centers to keep the lines running throughout your shift and beyond.
- Reconcile remaining components on each production order through ERP records; remove remaining material from orders and making the necessary adjustments to correct any discrepancies.
- Analyzing inventory records to discover root causes for inventory adjustments and suggesting solutions that will resolve these types of issues.
- Effective communication to cross-functional teams specifically line operators, department Supervisors, ICT’s, Distribution and Business Planers to determine if changes are necessary that could affect priorities for production so that schedules are maintained in the most efficient manner. This will ensure production issues between shifts are managed with minimal or no interruption to production line.
- Must complete assigned physical inventory counts to include Areas of Management and reconcile the inventory records for a complete and accurate count.
- Responsible for working with Supervisor on the development of inventory accuracy measurements such as baseline development and steady improvement overall.
Education and Work Experience
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required
- Minimum of 1-2 years of work experience in Inventory Control or Distribution related roles within a manufacturing environment
- SAP experience preferred
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.