Mechanic Coordinator- 2nd Shift
Perrigo Company plc, a leading global healthcare company, delivers value to its customers and consumers by providing Quality Affordable Healthcare Products®. Founded in 1887 as a packager of home remedies, Perrigo has built a unique business model that is best described as the convergence of a fast-moving consumer goods company, a high-quality pharmaceutical manufacturing organization and a world-class supply chain network. Perrigo is the world's largest manufacturer of over-the-counter ("OTC") healthcare products and supplier of infant formulas for the store brand market. The Company also is a leading provider of branded OTC products throughout Europe and the U.S., as well as a leading producer of "extended topical" prescription drugs. Perrigo, headquartered in Ireland, sells its products primarily in North America and Europe, as well as in other markets, including Australia, Israel and China.
The Mechanic Coordinator maintains and dispenses parts, tools and supplies to ensure lines operate with designated resources. Perform all transactions in the SAP modules: Maintenance Work Orders, Material Master, Preventive Maintenance Master Plans & Task Lists, Equipment, Maintenance Purchases Orders, etc.
Major Duties / Responsibilities*
% of Time
1. Perform all transactions (create, modify, close, activate, deactivate, schedule, release, & print) in the SAP modules (Maintenance Work Orders, Material Master, Preventive Maintenance Master Plans & Task Lists, Equipment, Maintenance Purchases Orders, etc.).
2. Coordinate and manage with vendors/contractors to schedule and complete work orders jobs, to purchase materials/tools & to resolve related issue.
3. Maintain & dispense tooling for assigned area, issue parts/complete paperwork, computer entry of stock transactions, maintain and issue tools. Maintains parts/tool room inventory and ensures proper documentation. Maintains parts room 5S initiatives.
4. Provide reports to support maintenance improvement projects, audits, investigation, and others related activities,
5. Perform a wide variety of administrative tasks for the department such as filing, organizing parts, etc.
6. Act as a Maintenance liaison in supporting other departments in the commission, decommission, validation & calibration of equipment, creation and modification of SOP’s and other related activities.
7. Continuously looks for and helps to implement improvements to the process, productivity, quality and reduce costs. Performs other related duties specific to the department as assigned.
*The duties, responsibilities and time allocation may vary by location and/or as assigned.
- Requires completion of a high school diploma, General Education Development (GED) or equivalency. College degree will be a plus.
- Must possess basic math and reading comprehension skills and be able to read procedure documents, as well as proofread alpha and numeric data.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to follow standard work and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) is required.
- Good computer skills with ability to navigate Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) or equivalent system and the ability to navigate through computer based training systems and use during daily work required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively as a member of a work team.
- Must meet all locally defined training requirements.
- Pharmaceutical Industry experience will be a plus.
Physical Requirements of Work: Required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Frequently required to climb or balance. Occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. Required to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds (22 kilograms) or equivalency and frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds (45 kilograms) or equivalency. Must occasionally be able to push 450 pounds (204 kilograms) or equivalency or more with appropriate equipment. Good hand-eye coordination is required to assemble, operate, and disassemble equipment. Must be able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week and required overtime through extended shifts and weekends. Must be able to comply with locally required worker safety, environmental and health practices.
Additional Information: Required to follow and comply with Departmental Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and Safety/Housekeeping guidelines.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Due to the highly regulated pharmaceutical industry and legal requirements, you may be subject to post employment background checks.