Material Handler/Forklift Operator +$5,000 BONUS (2nd Shift)
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Perrigo Nutritionals, located in Georgia, VT is looking to add a 2nd shift Material Handler to its team. Base pay before a shift differential ranges from $20.00-21.50/hour based on experience.
The current opening is second shift, Monday-Friday, 3pm-11pm.
Performs general warehouse material handling duties in a safe and efficient manner to maximize storage and minimize damage. Safely operates material handling equipment to include walk-behind forklifts, counter balance rider forklifts and Turret trucks, as well as palletizing/stretch wrapping equipment. Operates in accordance with current Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Work Instructions. Able to cross-train in other warehouse functions including: receiving duties, shipping duties, production staging, off-site warehouses.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Safely operates material handling equipment to include counterbalance rider forklifts, walk-behind forklifts, turret trucks, and palletizing/stretch wrap equipment. Load and unload trucks, store and remove items in warehouse storage racks, and complete required documentation of same, as required.
- Support and supply packaging lines and production liquefying with necessary materials and supplies.
- Access and use SAP as needed.
- Required to perform general daily warehouse floor duties (such as load chief, rework and waste, baling, etc.) and other duties including changing forklift batteries as needed.
- Responsible for the assisting in the staging.
- Able to cross-trained in other warehouse functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1 year of experience safely operating forklift and material handling equipment in an automated warehouse environment is preferred. OR
- Heavy equipment operation (such as skid steer, tractor, etc.).
Position Physical Requirements
- Ability to walk, bend, stoop, and lift up to 55 lbs. is required.
- Incumbent will be exposed to noise and hot and cold temperatures.
- Depth perception and the ability to drive backward while sitting forward.
- Willing and able to wear appropriate safety equipment to perform specific job duties per zoning requirements.
Perrigo has a comprehensive benefits package. Including:
- Health, Vision, and Dental at reduced rates
- Quarterly and Annual Bonus
- Profit Sharing
- 401 (K) with Employer Matching
- Starting three (3) weeks of vacation
- Tuition & Gym Reimbursement
- And More!
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.