Material Handler - Weekend Nights +$500 SIGN ON BONUS
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Perrigo Nutritionals, located in Georgia, VT is looking to add a Weekend Nights Material Handler to its team. The hours are Friday, Saturday, and Sunday 6pm-6am, and 4 hours during the week. This position is also eligible for a $500 sign on bonus and $1.50/hour shift differential.
Performs general warehouse material handling duties in a safe and efficient manner so as to maximize storage and minimize damage. Safely operates material handling equipment to include walk-behind forklifts, counter balance rider forklifts and Turret trucks, as well as palletizing/stretch wrapping equipment. Operates in accordance with current Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Work Instructions. Able to cross-train in at least three of the following four functions: Receiving duties, Shipping duties, Production Staging, Off-site warehouses. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Safely operates material handling equipment to include counterbalance rider forklifts, walk-behind forklifts, turret trucks, and palletizing/stretch wrap equipment. Load and unload trucks, store and remove items in warehouse storage racks, and complete required documentation of same, as required.
- Support and supply packaging lines and production liquefying with necessary materials and supplies.
- Access and use SAP as needed.
- Required to perform general daily warehouse floor duties (such as load chief, rework and waste, baling, etc.) and other duties including changing forklift batteries as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Able to cross-trained in at least three of the following four warehouse functions:
Receiving Duties -
- Responsible for inspecting, verifying, properly identifying (via BCL, if material is to be tracked in the inventory system) and receiving of inbound materials so as to ensure accurate inventory. Makes arrangement for delivery to appropriate personnel (if applicable). Notifies QA of inbound materials to allow for QA sampling. Signs off on the Bill of Lading at the completion of each unloading. Maintains appropriate documentation associated with job duties. Capable of accessing required information from SAP and documenting same. This includes automated data collection using SAP.
Shipping Duties -
- Maintains appropriate documentation associated with shipments to ensure that orders are properly shipped from the facility. Packs and labels individual shipments and prepares approved MSO’s. May be required to make arrangements for shipment pick-ups. Finalizes and distributes required shipping documentation to affected groups to ensure smooth and accurate information flow. Capable of accessing required information from the SAP system and documenting same.
Staging Crew Duties -
- Responsible for the entire staging process, to include physical set-up of materials for use in Production liquefaction (based on Information received from Production), as well as accuracy and completion of staging documentation. Must be able to effectively lead and direct Material Handlers assigned to assist in the staging process. Performs such duties in a safe and efficient manner so as to minimize damage and inventory discrepancies. Able to access SAP/generate Transfer Orders (TO’s) and troubleshoot any inventory discrepancies.
Off-site Warehouse Duties -
- Responsible for the entire staging process of loads, the unloading and loading of product, and accurate documentation of the same. Responsible for the receiving and verifying of raw material and components received at the outside warehouse. Performs such duties in a safe and efficient manner so as to minimize damage and inventory discrepancies. All GMP's, SOP's & WI's are followed and housekeeping duties are performed on a regular schedule. Individuals assigned to the outside warehouses are expected to perform and follow all the above with minimal supervision.
- High School or equivalent required.
- 1 year of experience safely operating forklift and material handling equipment in an automated warehouse environment is required.
Position Physical Requirements
- Ability to walk, bend, stoop, and lift up to 55 lbs. is required.
- Incumbent will be exposed to noise and hot and cold temperatures.
- Depth perception and the ability to drive backward while sitting forward.
- Willing and able to wear appropriate safety equipment to perform specific job duties per zoning requirements.
Perrigo has a comprehensive benefits package. Including:
- Health, Vision, and Dental at reduced rates
- Quarterly and Annual Bonus
- Profit Sharing
- 401 (K) with Employer Matching
- Starting three (3) weeks of vacation
- Tuition & Gym Reimbursement
- And More!
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Due to the highly regulated pharmaceutical industry and legal requirements, you may be subject to post employment background checks.