Instrument Lab Analyst (2nd Shift)
Perrigo Nutritionals, located in Georgia, VT, is looking for an Instrument Lab Analyst to join their team. This is a 2nd shift position running Tuesday-Saturday, 4PM-12:30AM.
General job skills related to laboratory analyses:
- Preparation of analytical standards. Accurately identify, weigh, and dilute stock standard materials for calibration purposes;
- Weighing of samples. Accurately identify and weigh sample materials for processing through analytical methods;
- General sample manipulations, to include: quantitative sample dilution, addition of analytical reagents, processing of samples through incubators, shakers, centrifuges, evaporators, etc.;
- Extraction of sample solutions, to include liquid-liquid and solid-phase techniques;
- Quantitative transfer of sample extracts between vessels;
- Instrument configuration and routine operation;
- Preparation of general laboratory reagents (buffers, mobile phases, etc.)
- General cleaning of materials after analysis
- Performs routine analyses of raw material and finished product samples as assigned, demonstrates proficiency in 5 – 10 separate chromatographic Analytical Methods (AM’s). Analytical techniques used in this group are primarily HPLC(High Pressure Liquid Chromatography), GC (Gas Chromatography), ICAP-AES (Inductively-Coupled Argon Plasma Atomic Emission Spectroscopy), and FT-IR (Fourier-Transform Infrared Spectroscopy).
- Calculation of analyses. Logging of samples into LIMS
- Performs rudimentary investigation into analytical methods when OOS results are noted.
- Other duties as assigned (sensory evaluation, team assignments, training, equipment calibration, control charts, audit).
- A 4-year college degree in Chemistry or a related science is required.
- 1-2 years of experience in an analytical chemistry laboratory with specific experience in instrumented / chromatographic techniques is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant laboratory work experience at another company, or 4 years of laboratory work experience with Perrigo with all "meets" or "exceeds" annual reviews.
- Demonstrated and documented leadership skills.
- 1-2 years’ experience in an analytical chemistry laboratory is preferred.
- Firm understanding of cGMP and Nutritional requirements preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; working knowledge of LIMS and SAP desired
- Willingness to participate in, contribute to and lead a high-performance work team
- Ability to walk, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and carry up to 10 lbs. on a regular basis and 20 lbs. on an occasional basis.
- Must be able to push or pull 55 pounds or more or equivalency following written safe practice measures.
- Required to use hands and fingers to handle; feel or operate objects.
Perrigo has a comprehensive benefits package that start on day one.
- Health, Vision, and Dental at reduced rates
- Quarterly and Annual Bonus
- Profit Sharing
- 401 (K) with Employer Matching
- Starting three (3) weeks of vacation
- Tuition & Gym Reimbursement
- And More!
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.