Medical Affairs Associate / Pharmacist
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Based at our offices in either Balcatta (WA) or Belrose (NSW), we have a fantastic opportunity for a Medical Affairs Associate / Pharmacist. Manage the medical affairs systems for Perrigo in Australia and New Zealand. Act as primary company contact for healthcare professionals, sales and marketing teams for medical information and product usage. Interact with Perrigo corporate functions and Australia and New Zealand governments in relation to medical affairs. The incumbent must ensure the company is represented in a professional and ethical manner at all times.
- Responsible for medical information services systems and answering medically based product enquiries.
- Prepare and maintain frequently asked questions for sales and marketing.
- Maintain product allergen statements for products and data to support and free from claims.
- Prepare technical summaries and clinical position papers for marketing and sales purposes.
- Prepare abbreviated Product Information and Consumer Medicine Information guides.
- Initiate literature searches, review and evaluate published literature to support commercial and technical functions.
- Develop specialist knowledge regarding the body of medical/scientific information for relevant company products.
- Establish and administer medical information library for in-house company use, including FAQ’s.
- Support the commercial teams by developing training material for products.
- Support the development and review of promotional material in collaboration with the commercial teams in accordance with appropriate regulations and guidance’s.
- Understand and maintain current knowledge of the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme and Pharmaceutical Benefits Advisory Committee (PBAC) process as it applies to current and potential Perrigo products.
- Monitor all PBS communications to identify changes that may affect Perrigo.
- Support drug safety associated with pharmacovigilance activities.
- Provide support for business development in the form of technical and medical due diligence for assessing new product opportunities.
Skills & Experience
- Registered pharmacist or other appropriate Health Care Professional
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience as pharmacist, or clinical background.
- Previous experience interacting with the public. Proven ability to handle sensitive situations appropriately.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision and deal effectively with confidential information.
- The ability to create meaningful relationships with a broad range of people.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and ability to learn new software applications.
- Experience in searching for scientific information with critical and thorough appraisal of the scientific literature.
- Exceptional communication with the ability to effectively communicate medical and scientific information to audiences with varying medical/scientific understanding.
- Exceptional collaboration and influencing skills.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of the relevant Industry Codes of Conduct relating to review of promotional materials and activities would be an advantage.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.