2nd Shift Packager 2 - (Manpower Conversion ONLY)
Perrigo Company plc, a top five global over-the-counter (OTC) consumer goods and pharmaceutical company, offers consumers and customers high quality products at affordable prices. From its beginnings in 1887 as a packager of generic home remedies, Perrigo, headquartered in Ireland, has grown to become the world's largest manufacturer of OTC products and supplier of infant formulas for the store brand market. The Company is also a leading provider of branded OTC products, generic extended topical prescription products and receives royalties from Multiple Sclerosis drug Tysabri®. Perrigo provides “Quality Affordable Healthcare Products®” across a wide variety of product categories and geographies primarily in North America, Europe, and Australia, as well as other key markets including Israel and China.
Sets up, processes (packages) and cleans equipment in either the Liquids/Semi Solids (LSS) or Oral Solid Dose (OSD) Filling/Packaging area; Good attention to detail and ensuring right-first-time for own work with ability to execute efficiently and effectively to meet standards. Follows all regulations including FDA, DEA, MN OSHA, etc as well as all operating procedures.
- Requires completion of a high school diploma, General Education Development (GED) or equivalency.
- Experience in production, packaging or manufacturing required.
- Must possess basic math and reading comprehension skills and be able to read, speak and comprehend instructions in English or language of country as applicable including procedure documents, as well as proofread alpha and numeric data.
- Requires ability to follow standard work and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) along with the ability to multi task and maintain records.
- Experience in a pharmaceutical, Federal Drug Administration (FDA) controlled, or other controlled regulatory agencies, or current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) packaging or manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to navigate through computer based training systems and use in the course of daily work may be required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively as a member of a work team.
- Must meet all locally defined training requirements.
Must be able to stand on concrete floors for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs frequently. Must be able to ascend and descend stepladders. Must be able to push or pull up to 900 pounds or equivalency utilizing a manual cart. Must be able to stoop, squat, and bend. Must be able to frequently reach laterally, and overhead occasionally. Must be able to frequently grasp objects. Must possess sufficient visual and audio acuity to work safely and accurately in an industrial environment. Must be able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
Must be able to comply with locally required worker safety, environmental and health practices.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Due to the highly regulated pharmaceutical industry and legal requirements, you may be subject to post employment background checks.