Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Perrigo Nutritionals, located in Georgia, VT is looking to add a Microbiology Analyst to their team. The hours for this position are 3:00 pm-11:30 pm.
The successful candidate will be able to work in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with current GLP’s, SOP’s, analytical methods, and work instructions. Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team are desired. A thorough understanding of aseptic technique is essential. Microbiological testing is performed on raw materials, in-process samples, finished products, water samples, and environmental swab samples. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Daily, monthly, and quarterly cleaning and sanitizing of assigned laboratory areas
- Media preparation and use of autoclaves
- Collecting environmental samples
- Compositing of finished product and raw material samples
- Bacterial enumeration using pour plate, spread plate, Petrifilm, and MPN methods.
- Pathogen detection using cultural, ELISA, and PCR methods.
- Bacterial identification via Vitek
- Allergen testing
- Documentation and data entry of final results into SAP.
Three years experience in a microbiology, pharmaceutical or clinical laboratory is preferred.
A four-year college degree in Microbiology or Biological Science. Consideration may be given to those who hold 10 years of progressively responsible and relevant work experience.
Position Physical Requirements
Ability to walk, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and carry up to 10 lbs. on a regular basis and 20 lbs. on an occasional basis. Must be able to push or pull 55 pounds or more or equivalency following written safe practice measures. Required to use hands and fingers to handle; feel or operate objects.
Perrigo has a comprehensive benefits package. Including:
- Health, Vision, and Dental at reduced rates
- Quarterly and Annual Bonus
- Profit Sharing
- 401 (K) with Employer Matching
- Starting three (3) weeks of vacation
- Tuition & Gym Reimbursement
- And More!
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.