2nd shift Area Lead - Oral Care
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Employee is responsible for consistently performing work at assigned station at or above production standards, performing visual parts inspection, and checking customer specifications under minimum supervision. This is a Areal Lead job for the Whitening department.
A basic expectation of employee performance is the consistent adherence to company rules and regulations concerning attendance, dress, safety, plant maintenance guidelines, teamwork, Employee Handbook policies, SOP's, GMP’s, Quality standards and respect for others. These are critical to every job and employee in the organization. Employees must meet these standards in order to be eligible for a salary increase.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTY EXAMPLES:
- Employee is responsible for understanding the job requirements and knowing/ understanding the procedures for each assigned packaging work station.
- Employee must follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and understand the importance of GMPs. Employee must be able to perform in-process inspections and properly record the inspections on the appropriate paperwork.
- Employee must visually inspect parts produced and separate parts for rework or rejection (assembly and packaging). Employee must understand and know the defects for packaging (appearance, color, seal quality, print quality).
- Employees must be able to perform trouble shooting and minor machine repairs.
- Employees must set-up and operate machines at assigned work station. Employee must be able to perform operator specified preventive maintenance activities and maintain equipment at a level which sustains equipment efficiencies.
- Employee must be able to change materials, set up labels, perform minor adjustments to machines, assist with machine change-overs, and retrieving materials as needed. Employee must be able to read the work order and picklist to ensure proper materials are used and work order specifications are met.
- Train new employees
- Direct a work group of employees in a single cell or assembly line
- Area Lead must learn all Whitening packaging cells. Lead must be able to enter and extract data from the SAP system. This includes but is not limited to: entering scrap and production, making labels, researching location of materials.
- Complete duties related to the operation of the team:
- Sweep and clean around work area in order to maintain a safe and orderly environment
- Participate in team meetings and work with the team to achieve department goals
- Recommend suggestions that will improve profitability or the safety of the Company
- Perform duties of a material handler
- Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral work instructions in English, such as safety, quality, and GMP guidelines
- Mechanical skills to do basic troubleshooting and machine changeover
- Understand materials flow, equipment operation, and quality requirements
- Work well with peers in a team environment
- Lift 20-35 pounds 15-25 times per shift from floor to shoulder
- Pull 200-700 pounds using a hand jack
- Simple grasping with both hands the entire shift
- Reach away from body and out to side with full arm extension
- Moderate mending at the waist
- Hand-eye coordination
- Moderate twisting
- Stand or walk from 2-8 hours per shift
- Recognize color
- Read work orders, work instructions, WIPs, etc.
- Inspect, examine, and observe for obvious product defects
- Count, make simple arithmetic additions and subtractions
- Participate in cost reduction programs
- Ability to train other workers
- Ability to lead activities
- Ability to retrieve and input data into SAP system
- Basic computer skills and ability to read a computer screen
- Recognize / identify raw materials by material number
- Utilize simple gauges to determine quality
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.