Legal Counsel, Consumer Self-Care Americas (CSCA)
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
We are currently looking for a legal counsel to join the commercial team within Perrigo’s U.S. store brand OTC pharmaceutical business located in Allegan MI.
Role Purpose: Provides legal counsel to the commercial team and manages litigation within Perrigo’s U.S. Consumer Self-Care Americas (CSCA) business. This attorney will interact frequently with upper-level management within Perrigo, outside counsel, and Perrigo employees at many levels. This position is fast-paced during working hours, but with a good work-life balance.
- Juris doctor degree from accredited law school and admission to at least one state bar (active and in good standing).
- Minimum of 5+ years professional legal experience in advising on a broad range of commercial matters in a corporate or law firm environment, including experience in litigation and the interpretation of commercial contracts
- Experience in one or more of the following areas is helpful, but not required: the FDA pharmaceutical regulatory environment, commercial bankruptcy, drug pricing/reimbursement rules and regulations, or Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) compliance
- Manages all aspects of litigation and disputes, for CSCA’s Over-the-Counter (OTC), Nutrition, and Oral Health Care Businesses. Counsel is involved in all stages of ligation, including: litigation strategy, reviewing pleadings, motions and briefs, witness preparation, settlement negotiations
- Works through all the various contractual commitments and tender requests, including negotiations with issuing counsel, coordination of document collection, review, and production
- Oversees outside counsel, including management of the litigation budget, and formulates litigation status reporting requirements
- Acts as a liaison with Company’s risk management, coverage counsel, call center, and patient safety on complaints or threatened litigation
- Assists with or leads matters related to commercial bankruptcy, drug/pricing reimbursement rules and regulations, and Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) compliance and licensing