Legal Counsel- Litigation , Consumer Self-Care Americas (CSCA)
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
We are currently looking for a legal counsel to join the commercial team within Perrigo’s U.S. store brand OTC pharmaceutical business located in Allegan MI.
Role Purpose: Provides legal counsel to the commercial team and manages litigation within Perrigo’s U.S. Consumer Self-Care Americas (CSCA) business. This attorney will interact frequently with upper-level management within Perrigo, outside counsel, and Perrigo employees at many levels. This position is fast-paced during working hours, but with a good work-life balance.
- Juris doctor degree from accredited law school and admission to at least one state bar (active and in good standing).
- Minimum of 5+ years professional legal experience in advising on a broad range of commercial matters in a corporate or law firm environment, including experience in litigation and the interpretation of commercial contracts
- Experience in one or more of the following areas is helpful, but not required: the FDA pharmaceutical regulatory environment, commercial bankruptcy, drug pricing/reimbursement rules and regulations, or Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) compliance
- Manages all aspects of litigation and disputes, for CSCA’s Over-the-Counter (OTC), Nutrition, and Oral Health Care Businesses. Counsel is involved in all stages of ligation, including: litigation strategy, reviewing pleadings, motions and briefs, witness preparation, settlement negotiations
- Works through all the various contractual commitments and tender requests, including negotiations with issuing counsel, coordination of document collection, review, and production
- Oversees outside counsel, including management of the litigation budget, and formulates litigation status reporting requirements
- Acts as a liaison with Company’s risk management, coverage counsel, call center, and patient safety on complaints or threatened litigation
- Assists with or leads matters related to commercial bankruptcy, drug/pricing reimbursement rules and regulations, and Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) compliance and licensing
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.