Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Provides package engineering support and packaging component expertise to the company through the design, development, and maintenance of packaging standards for various company and outside sub-contracting product packaging sites. Supports continuous improvement efforts in assigned process area.
- Develops and prepares packaging specifications. Reviews and approves Bill of Materials for new packaging combinations. Creates document defining case pack and pallet pattern
- Works closely with other functional areas and multi-functional teams such as Operations, Marketing, Procurement, Master Data, Art and Quality to launch new products/packages, develops promotions & displays, identifies and supports cost savings initiatives, and troubleshoots packaging issues
- Troubleshoots and resolves packaging issues associated with packaging component quality, packaging equipment, and packaging line efficiency. Participates in deviation resolutions as a result of packaging component quality, and coordinates, conducts, and documents packaging line trials for new or improved packaging components. Designs tests or experiments for various packaging components and coordinates the conducting of testing at outside laboratories
- Works with operations, conducting pre-validation studies (engineering studies), in order to define production lines’ validated ranges for packaging materials
- Proven ability to work independently toward specific goals and to exercise initiative in identifying projects.
- Possesses thorough knowledge of EU GMPs.
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving skills, interpersonal skills, and a commitment to customer service.
- Demonstrated broad knowledge of methods in package design, testing, and packaging materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific or engineering discipline.
- Two to six years of progressively responsible packaging development experience in an Operational environment.
- Speaks fluent German and English