Global Sourcing and Sustainability Manager – Packaging
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Global Sourcing Manager – Packaging
Perrigo Company plc is a leading global Self-care supplier that develops, manufactures, and distributes over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription (Rx) pharmaceuticals, nutritional products, active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) and Oral Care products. The company is the world's largest manufacturer of OTC pharmaceutical products for the store brand market and an industry leader in pharmaceutical technologies.
Located in our Dublin, Ireland corporate headquarters, the Global Sourcing Manager reporting to the Director – Global Sourcing and Packaging Sustainability will be the primary liaison between Perrigo and the supply base. The Global Procurement goal is to provide Best-In-Class (Quality/Cost/Service) global sourcing for all procured materials whilst also driving our sustainability agenda.
This will be accomplished through:
- Providing technical expertise and timely execution in new product launches
- Driving a “culture of quality and service” with suppliers
- Driving category intelligence like cost modelling, value chain analysis.
- Delivery against our sustainability targets.
- Delivering “best total cost” through:
- Relationship management
- Contract design & oversight
- Operations & technology optimization
- Supply Chain and Logistics
- Continuous Improvement utilizing Lean Sigma tools and processes
- Implementation of best practices
This position is responsible for the strategic sourcing of materials for sites within Perrigo’s global network. Serving as the primary contact for key supplier relationships, the Global Sourcing Manager will work to create global contracts with strategic suppliers for key materials.
Requirements for the role include
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or Technical Field
- 5+ years of experience in packaging procurement (preferably with Pharmaceutical experience but not essential.)
- Exceptional communication skills (both oral and written) and presentation skills
- Must be able to work across all functions and levels of an organization, as well as in a global, culturally diverse environment
- Superior negotiating skills
- Proven financial acumen.
- Proven project management skills and demonstrable process implementation ability
- Problem solving, quantitative skills and decision-making talent
- Leadership skills with an ability to influence without authority
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements associated with pharmaceutical products.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office Suite (Excel, Power Point, Word)
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.