Demand Planning Manager
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
We are currently looking for a Demand Planning Manager for our Commercial Operations Team in Allegan MI.
Manages the demand planning process and team members for a particular business unit ensuring a robust 24-36 month rolling aggregate demand plan by family by month with a minimum 18 week rolling SKU demand plan. The demand plan is developed and aligned on by leadership with market, historical and forward -looking inputs. Responsible for improving Demand Plan accuracy and eliminating bias to optimize demand signals sent to supply chain enabling robust customer service & optimized resource utilization across the supply chain.
Partners with a variety of commercial management teams to align on forecast assumptions and demand drivers, resolve issues with demand signals, and make recommendations to leadership with robust analytics and insights.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain Management , or a related field is required.
- 5-7 years of forecast/demand related analytical experience required and 3-5 years of supervisory/management experience preferred
- Ability to develop and apply forecasting methods with complex inputs from a variety of sources
- Knowledge of interdependencies in the end to end supply chain
- Demonstrated success in a position requiring detailed analytical activity as well as summarizing results for leadership with effective written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated process improvement skillset with experience driving improvements with cross functional teams, problem solving and analytical reasoning
- Excellent ability to obtain and analyze data, work independently and meet deadlines within a fast-paced environment.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office software and experience with APO or other forecasting software preferred.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and relational skills with the ability to effectively work with senior leadership
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work effectively with internal customers and influence without authority.
- Responsible for overseeing the creation and maintenance of the demand plan for assigned business unit, ensuring a robust 24-36 month rolling aggregate plan by family with a minimum 18 week rolling SKU demand plan in $’s, units and volume. This role will manage the analytics of market dynamics, customer specific POS, new/lost business, constraints and promotional opportunities to enable recommending a demand plan with insights from cross functional teams. Ensures demand management’s timely hand-off a robust and accurate demand plan to supply planning resolving issues as they arise with signals.
- Manages the improvement of Demand Plan accuracy, eliminates bias and strives to understand variation impacting results. Ensures that root cause analysis and corrective actions are completed. Identifies solutions with cross functional teams to balance supply with demand and maximize customer service.
- Facilitates the monthly demand review meeting for assigned customers/categories providing robust analysis ensuring assumptions and insights are understood, highlighting gaps & exceptions for ease of decision making by senior leadership. Drives consistency throughout the process as well as alignment from all key stakeholders in Sales, Marketing, Demand Control, Customer Service and supply chain.
- Manages the demand analysts and drives process improvement initiatives, training, KPI reporting and systems. Works to implement improvements in demand accuracy as well as productivity solutions for the team. Ensures the statistical forecasting tool is used effectively.
- Partners with Finance on supporting quarterly and annual forecast needs related to annual business plan and projection development. Provides support and analysis as required.