Junior Innovation Manager Vitamins, Minerals and Supplements
We are excited to be looking for a Junior Innovation Manager based in our Nazareth, Belgium location. This position will work closely alongside the Innovation Manager across the Vitamins, Minerals and Supplements space. The purpose of the role is to identify and develop innovation opportunities in order to broaden the company’s product and brand portfolio. The Innovation Manager is also responsible for the scientific and technical support for the portfolio. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a truly global team and gain experience within a cross-functional environment.
Main Duties and responsibilities
- Provide scientific, clinical and technical support to the other functions & affiliates for the product portfolio.
- Follow up on new product development from ideation to market launch.
- Analyse the existing portfolio of brands and products for the assigned business unit, harmonize and propose optimizations.
- Translate the latest trends in your domain of expertise into innovative propositions for new products (by seeking licenses, new formulas, new galenic formats…).
- Assess and screen all new worldwide projects within the assigned business unit and turn them into practical opportunities.
- Master degree in a scientific field (preferably Pharmaceutical Sciences, Medicine, Bio-Sciences, Chemistry, Nutrition Science…)
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience in a similar role
- You have a strong technical background as well as a strong affinity for marketing (OTC / FMCG).
- You are an entrepreneurial analyst with creative ideas and a strong sense for analysis.
- You have sufficient search skills to track down new product innovations online through up-to-date networks.
- You have a good knowledge of food supplements and their legal / regulatory aspects. Knowledge of or prior experience with vitamins, minerals & botanicals is a plus.
- You are a well-organised communicator who is able to lead and take control.
- You have experience working in cross-functional teams composed of Marketing, Quality, Regulatory, Supply & Innovation.
- You will be willing to travel to the various regions where Perrigo is operational as required.
- You are fluent in both written and spoken English.