Senior Engineer Environmental Health & Safety- Bronx, NY
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Job Purpose: Provides comprehensive environmental health and safety (EHS) engineering support and expertise through the design, development, and maintenance of EHS standards and regulatory compliance for one or more Company sites. Initiates and drives continuous improvement efforts in assigned process area.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex EHS issues; supports site EHS and department objectives through management consulting; training and development; inspections; audits and investigations; ergonomic reviews; environmental regulatory evaluations and committee assignments related to EHS.
- Works closely with all areas of the organization to facilitate EHS compliance programs including writing policy, procedure and work instructions, systems monitoring and reporting, and supports ongoing training requirements.
- Develops and prepares EHS specifications and recaps, cost estimates and rationalizations, and presents projects for approval, conducts and documents for approval or troubleshooting, and participates in the selection of capital improvement vendors in conjunction with Procurement.
- Facilitates compliance programs including obtaining EHS related permits, monitoring, recordkeeping and reporting to local authorities, supporting Safety committees.
- Designs, tests and participates in inspections for various EHS systems and processes and coordinates regulatory testing and documentation within approved procedures and standards.
- Conducts EHS inspections/audits to identify and evaluate hazards and prevent incidents, coordinates documentation activities and follow up. Provides EHS expertise to identified areas by advising of potential safety hazards and environmental requirements and correcting any deficiencies. Interfaces with management from all areas (such as Manufacturing, Laboratories, Warehouse, Engineering, etc.) to communicate hazards and recommendations of solutions.
- Responds to and investigates accidents which include completion of reports and follow-up as needed, inclusive of interviewing employee and Supervisor, documenting results and provides corrective action recommendations. Participates with safety committees.
- Coordinates and leads continuous improvement projects aimed at cost reduction, quality improvement and efficiency improvements by streamlining processes and improve capability.
- May supervise EHS team and provide guidance to other engineers.
Requirements: University Degree or equivalent. Typically, a minimum of 6 years work experience required