Account Executive, Branded Strategic Accounts-Walmart
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
We are currently doing a search for an Account Executive with Branded CPG experience to join our Walmart Team in Bentonville, AR.
This position is responsible for leading customer centric solutions that match the goals of Perrigo with those of the customer. The incumbent leads the development of new business opportunities that exceed annual goals. The Account Executive is the absolute owner of each account under their responsibility while managing appropriate Broker Partners where necessary.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field and 7+ years of professional experience, at least 3 of which are in Branded Sales. Ideally, 2 years in a sales leadership/management position either with direct reports or with national accounts where dotted line reporting relationships exist. Industry experience required.
- Previous Consumer Packaged Goods experience in direct selling to customers, demonstrated strong analytical skills and solid understanding of the selling process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential, including oral and written communication.
- Able to interpret quantitative and qualitative information and use such information to develop actionable recommendations.
- Works well under tight timelines, can manage hundreds of different skus across multiple categories and has ability to prioritize work in fast-paced environment.
- Meet with customers regularly to drive mutually beneficial growth through thought leadership, new items and trade promotion.
- Lead the development of account annual business plans in support of annual budget, annual Sales Meeting and account line review meetings.
- Manage and evaluate broker performance (where applicable) quarterly against specific annual goals in order to ensure that top/bottom line goals are being achieved for assigned accounts.
- Lead the commercial input for relevant existing brands and NPD in the stage gate and budgeting process, providing customer, category and shopper input into brand plans.
- Lead the definition and communication of where to play and what it takes to win for the brands.
- Work directly with Customer Service Team on demand planning, insuring visibility to retailer plans for increases/decreases in forecasts, to secure proper inventory and maintain appropriate service levels.
- Be the voice of the customer with all internal centers of excellence.
- Manage promotional planning budget with Trade Marketing to execute annual plans within allocated funding parameters which deliver positive return on investment.
- Lead omni-channel execution planning with external partners and internal E-commerce partners.
Sales & Margin - Leads development of objectives and implements strategies to achieve sales plan at assigned accounts. Collaborates with Marketing and Marketing Information to develop and present category reviews, new product presentations, share growth initiatives and consumer insights findings in an actionable manner. Utilizes category and product information to develop and sell in robust rolling 6-12-month promotional calendars.
Strategic Account Relationship - Successfully enhances business relationships with focus on the Buyers but also inclusive up to the Director level in the categories for which they are responsible and across all necessary complementary departments. Leverage relationships to maximize Perrigo’s value as a partner and our business results.
Internal Project Management – Is the Customer’s primary advocate inside Perrigo. Directs initiatives with internal departments to ensure new products, promotions and other account initiatives are developed and shipped on time. Works with Perrigo Customer Service and Customer Replenishment teams to develop and execute service strategies to maximize DC and store in-stocks and is responsible for forecasting.
Administrative - Responsible for ensuring compliance to Perrigo & Customer administrative requirements. Collaborates with internal colleagues to ensure Perrigo resources and systems are understood and aligned to the needs of the customer.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.