Manager, Maintenance & Facilities
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
The Manager, Maintenance & Facilities provides leadership to the maintenance staff to support quality initiatives, improve productivity and costs as well as explores innovative and alternate solutions to meet business needs.
The Manager’s main responsibilities include:
- Manages all aspects of Perrigo Ohio Facilities Services, Contract Security Operations and Maintenance of Plant Equipment and Systems to ensure maximum production quantity and quality. Facilities Services includes Power Plant Operations, Pre-Treat Water Facility and Buildings and Grounds maintenance and upkeep.
- Plans, manages and implements facility operations, services and maintenance activities and processes for daily operations.
- Provides leadership and technical support for teams of Technicians, Engineers, Electrical Subcontractors, Mechanical System to support building and maintaining manufacturing, laboratory and general building operations.
- Creates project schedules, commissioning plans, implementation plans, software design descriptions, sequence of operations, cost estimates, proposals, change orders, request for quotes, RFIs, labor forecasts and subcontracts.
- Provides great customer service to all customers (both internal and external) to meet and exceed objectives through timely, professional and safe practices
- Reviews related work and provides technical guidance to both the facility and maintenance teams and outside contractors to ensure repair, maintenance and new development complies with governing regulations and laws and company standards.
- Provides input on strategic direction for facilities and supporting infrastructure.
- Develops and implements innovative programs, processes and projects that aim to reduce short and long term operating costs and increase productivity or longevity with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Generally responsible for leading, supervising and/or mentoring one or more teams responsible for facility operations and infrastructure.
- Maintains Preventative Maintenance (PMs) Compliance
- Bachelor’s degree with 8 years’ experience in plant engineering and maintenance environment with 4 years’ supervisory experience is required. An engineering degree strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills and good written and oral communication.
- Previous experience in working in an FDA regulated, GMP environment as well as an understanding of 5S and Continuous Improvement practices is preferred.
- Highly results oriented and able to work in a changing environment where a high degree of teamwork and collaboration are required.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and written), motivate and supervise others, handle multiple, diverse, assignments, and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Strong computer skills including experience with PLC based control systems, Microsoft Office programs and ERP systems such as SAP are required.
- Strong leadership, customer service and organizational skills are required to ensure all projects and assignments meet customer expectations.
- Strong safety leadership, knowledge and experience required.