QC Chemist II - 3rd Shift, 2/2/3 Schedule
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated QC Chemist who will work 3rd shift on a rotating 2/2/3 schedule. This position pays a 10% shift premium.
- Collect samples including raw material, finished product, process equipment and environmental.
- Test purchased materials and/or Perrigo manufactured products per cGMP requirements and participate in laboratory investigations.
- Operate laboratory equipment.
- Participate in internal and external quality audits.
- Maintain personal laboratory work area and assist with general laboratory cleaning.
- Participate in training and development.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a scientific discipline (Chemistry or Food Science preferred, Biology) required which includes academic lab experience.
- 1-2 years' experience working in a GMP/FDA regulated manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, excellent documentation and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently and with others.
- Ability to take ownership of assigned tasks and responsibility for the results.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
Essential Functions of Job
Consistently/Frequently – Sit, stand, walk, feel with hands/fingers
Occasionally – Lifting, lifting above shoulders and head of 15 lbs., pulling and pushing 50 lb. cart, climb ladders, climb stairs, stoop/bend, squat, kneeling, twisting, reach, reach above shoulders and head, grasp, move items/boxes 15-25 lbs.
Occasionally – exposure to loud noises/machinery and exposure to chemicals
Rarely – enter confined spaces
Consistently/Frequently - see (vision), ability to see colors correctly, hear, ability to read and write, ability to interpret information, basic math skills, reading and writing in English. Simple problem solving and decision-making skills
Occasionally – Hear, intermediate math skills and problems solving for method troubleshooting